2 Families to Atlantis

Man314

We have two families traveling on VOS this Dec & would like to check out Atlantis. Very intrigued at the possibility of getting a room at Comfort Suites to gain access to Atlantis. A few questions:

• We have a family of 4 and one of 5. Looks like max occupancy = 4. One of the children is only 7. Don't want to pay for 3 rooms total . . . do you think they'd give us an extra wristband if we got 2 rooms?
  • We are only there from 7:00 am - 1:00 pm . . . by the time we get taxis to and from, is there enough time to make it worth our while?
  • Orbitz and CS direct web sites have rates ~$200 . . . any recommendations on getting a cheaper room?
  • Other thoughts?

We have two families traveling on VOS this Dec & would like to check out Atlantis. Very intrigued at the possibility of getting a room at Comfort Suites to gain access to Atlantis. A few questions:

• We have a family of 4 and one of 5. Looks like max occupancy = 4. One of the children is only 7. Don't want to pay for 3 rooms total . . . do you think they'd give us an extra wristband if we got 2 rooms?
  • We are only there from 7:00 am - 1:00 pm . . . by the time we get taxis to and from, is there enough time to make it worth our while?
  • Orbitz and CS direct web sites have rates ~$200 . . . any recommendations on getting a cheaper room?
  • Other thoughts?

They WILL NOT give you an extra bracelet for a 7 year old. You would have to get an extra room.. seems a bit steep for the couple of hours that you'll have on the property. The pools open around 9am/ slides a little after. If you're going after the 15th, the hotel will be near capacity for the holiday, so you'll have lines for slides etc.

(unheated pools if the weather is iffy)

You might want to check out Hotwire. I realize it's a gamble, but if you choose at least a 3 star you won't be disappointed. And by looking at the amenities you can often determine what hotel it is. Then it might been more affordable to get three rooms.

Good Luck!

Now this is just MHO, but for that short a time, the Atlantis is not worth 400.00 plus room taxes etc. You have to be back on the ship by 12:30 p.m. The hotel is BIG, lots of walking to the beach etc. You could take a shore excursion to Atlantis if they have it and that would get you into the DIGS and the beach only. The pool is nice, but you have a pool on the ship. The water slide is also cool, but I personally am afraid of those things and it is BIG (no way would I let my 7 year old on it) - plus it is a long walk to get on and with lines, she might go 2 times. We were in Nassau from 8:00 a.m. to midnight. We shopped, ate lunch, went to Ardastra Gardens, took a buggy ride during the day, and went to Atantis in the evening (I know you don't have that option). It was very nice, but maybe just a tad overrated. I think you would be disappointed that you couldn't do it all in that short time.

Archived