Is the "I sail Carnival because it's cheap" meme your deciding factor?

We tried a Royal once - it was quite a bit more expensive than Carnival. I honestly can't see enough differences to justify the much higher price. Plus, I think the food was much better on Carnival. Getting a Suite on Carnival for basically the cost of an ocean view or balcony on Royal or Princess is the way we like to go

We tend to agree with you. Plus, the cabins on Royal seem so much smaller.

Looking at Alaska for Summer 2017. I am looking to book an aft balcony. Right now on CCL, it is $3300. I have a future cruise certificate on NCL that I would like to use, but the same cabin on NCL is $5500!! Yes that includes one of their four free things, i.e. free drinks, specialty restaurants, internet or $200 for excursions, but there is no way we will be spending $2K on any of those things on a 7-day Alaska cruise. Princess and Celebrity are about the same as NCL. I think that I'll be going with Carnival on this one.

Scam? Canceled my carnival cruise saved over $700 on oasis in may. I've been on 19 carnival and starting in may were trying rccl. Carnivals price has increased and are now about the same as rccl. But we were going on carnival because of price before

Every time I get an RCL BOGO email I end up paying the regular fare. I'll keep trying...

We been cruising for many years and tried Carnival for the first time last May. We sailed the Splendor on a b2b. We are going on the Carnival Pride next week on a b2b Journey cruise. What caught our eye was the nice itinerary that other lines don't do for b2b.