Eurobuzz?

Kenswing

Has anyone used Eurobuzz to get a SIM chip before going to Europe?

We'll be doing a British Isles cruise in May and will need a phone so we can check in with elderly parents. They don't do the email thing.. LOL

I have an iPhone 4 that is unlocked and figured I would use it.

Has anyone used this company or any other service that worked well while in Europe?

I have a Mobal sim card that I use in my unlocked phone. It's more expensive per minute than Eurobuzz but (1) it's not a call-back system when I place a call, and (2) it has both a U.S. number and a UK number that people can use to call you. I discovered years ago that my elderly mother was totally confused by trying to call me on my foreign numbers. (I used to just buy a sim card in whatever country I was visiting---the cheapest way---but the numbers I gave her changed from country to country and confused her when she tried to call me. The Mobal U.S. number never changes and was much easier for her to deal with.) I think Eurobuzz also has a U.S. number, but you should check to make sure.

Edited by Langoustine

I have a Mobal sim card that I use in my unlocked phone. It's more expensive per minute than Eurobuzz but (1) it's not a call-back system when I place a call, and (2) it has both a U.S. number and a UK number that people can use to call you. I discovered years ago that my elderly mother was totally confused by trying to call me on my foreign numbers. (I used to just buy a sim card in whatever country I was visiting---the cheapest way---but the numbers I gave her changed from country to country and confused her when she tried to call me. The Mobal U.S. number never changes and was much easier for her to deal with.) I think Eurobuzz also has a U.S. number, but you should check to make sure.

Thank you for that information. It looks like their fee structure is identical to Eurobuzz. I didn't see on their website where it mentioned getting a U.S. and European number though..

I did find OneSimCard Plus. They advertise getting two numbers.