Best way to book specialty restaurants when people are split between cabins?

I am purchasing the 3 day SDP package for my dh and I. (I will not be purchasing for my 2 kids as they will eat off the free kids menu).

My parents are in their own cabin and will also be booking the 3 day SDP package. (Our reservations are NOT linked.)

We will dine together so what is the best way to make reservations for us? Can I just book the reservations for 6 people on my account? Will there be any charge in advance or will we work this out in the individual restaurants?

Thanks in advance....

Can I just book the reservations for 6 people on my account? Will there be any charge in advance or will we work this out in the individual restaurants?

Yes you can. No charge in advance since you have SDP.

P.S. With NCL linking reservations does not do any good in most cases, so that wouldn't have even helped with this case.

Edited by Demonyte

Yes the a la carte restaurants have no charge when booking online.

I would forego making the Teppanyaki reservation online and call to make it instead. This way it should be able to be applied to both your parents cabin and your own and they should be able to add the children with no charge.

Rochelle

You can just make the reservations. I'd just tell the server, and each room will just sign. If you order drinks, and your folks don't, the server will charge it to your room, not theirs. I've met strangers (I'm a solo) and dined with them, each room or UDP charged.

I just got off the phone with NCL. We have two rooms of 3 for our family of 6. It's a pain. I purchased the dining package separately for each room. For Teppanyaki, I had to book for a party of 4 on one reservation while the agent booked for a party of 2 on the other reservation. I thought I could just log into each reservation and book the 4 and then the 2 for the total of 6...and I could as long as I didn't need to change or delete...I couldn't figure out how to change after I had already booked, so the agent had to delete some ressies I had previously booked. She couldn't book 6 at once either, just 4 and 2.

However, I am finding that I can reserve for 6 just on one reservation for any restaurant except Teppanyaki...I assume because of the table size, etc.

I have never sailed before with NCL and didn't realize the process is cumbersome for more than one room. BUT, the agent did help me secure the reservations I wanted. :)

It seems like if you purchase the dining package first, then go back in and make reservations, it will not charge you.

For example, I purchased the package for three people.

Then, I went back in and made a reservation for four or six...it did not try to add on fees for the additional folks. (They have dining packages under a different cabin, but the website doesn't know that, since they aren't linked.) Hope this helps someone.