Castaway Cay in Feb., too cold for snorkeling?

Wildcat Fever

My wife and I are taking our first DCL cruise in February. We've been snorkeling on other cruises in April at ports further South, and had a blast. But I'm a bit concerned about booking snorkeling equipment for Castaway in February. Has anyone experienced the waters of Castaway in February? And if so, have you found the water temperature to be uncomfortable? Thanks for any insight.

My wife and I are taking our first DCL cruise in February. We've been snorkeling on other cruises in April at ports further South, and had a blast. But I'm a bit concerned about booking snorkeling equipment for Castaway in February. Has anyone experienced the waters of Castaway in February? And if so, have you found the water temperature to be uncomfortable? Thanks for any insight.

We swam in the Bahamas in early October . Feb temps should be OK for snorkeling.

Short answer: Maybe.

Long answer: I was on the Dream last February and will be on the Wonder this February. CC was windy and cold according to any Floridian you asked... and breezy and brisk to anyone from up north. The water was a tad chilly getting in, but once you got used to it, it was fine. You'll have to decide when you get there.

We've done several February cruises. I've had it be warm and beautiful...and I've had it be COLD. It varies. No way to plan other than to take one set of clothing for cool weather "just in case."

You can bring your snorkel and mask and rent fins if you wish--saves money and suitcase space.

You can also wait and stick your feet in THEN decide if you want to snorkel.

On our new Years cruise to CC, the first time was cold, two days later the water was warmer, and the temps were 15 degrees warmer.

We are sailing on January 30th and will be hitting CC on February 5th. :)

Our last winter cruise was in December of 2014 and at the time the water temperature was a cool 73 degrees (Think Blue Springs year round)

My kids had no problem swimming, snorkeling and floating, but I like my water to be a bit warmer. lol

Have a fantastic first Disney cruise!

When I went in December, it was cold. Didn't want to wade in.

However, it was also really windy. Workers recommended against renting the tricycle boats because it was too windy.

That meant decent sized waves. So, when you actually went snorkeling, you worked to move around. I mean, it was real exercise. So my body temp actually heated up quite a bit because it was so much work just to swim around a little.