Need shore excursion ideas for Eastern Caribbean cruise

no1volman

I've looked through all the options that Carnival provides. But I would rather hear ideas from the people that have actually done some excursions. We travel in June to Amber Cove, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. It will be 4 adults and my 13 year old daughter. It doesn't really have to be an excursion booked through Carnival either. From my experience it's usually cheaper to bypass carnival and book direct. I just want to make sure it's a proven, trustworthy, and safe option. Not really interested in any bar hopping or party options. But all other ideas are welcome.

Amber cover - not sure, haven't been there

St Thomas - taxi to Coki Beach or if you're more adventurous, taxi to Red Hook, Ferry to St John and Taxi to Cinnamon Beach (I like it more than Trunk Bay) or Hawk's Nest (no facilities but lots of turtles)

Or if you're really adventurous, Sea Plane to Virgin Gorda and go to the Baths.

San Juan - Taxi to the Marriott Stellaris

Grand Turk - don't bother, just hang out on the beach right off the boat.

I like to just hang out in a beach chair at a nice place though, your ideal port days may be entirely different from mine...

Grand Turk - Dune Buggy or ATV. I did the Dune Buggy with my 16yo daughter and 15yo nephew and they loved it. You get to see most of the island and it's a blast!

Grand Turk - Horseback riding was fun. You get to tour part of the island on horseback and take the horses into the water. That was fun.

Amber Cove - The port area is very nice and lots to do like zip lining and kayaking.

Grand Turk - Dune Buggy or ATV. I did the Dune Buggy with my 16yo daughter and 15yo nephew and they loved it. You get to see most of the island and it's a blast!

Grand Turk - Horseback riding was fun. You get to tour part of the island on horseback and take the horses into the water. That was fun.

Amber Cove - The port area is very nice and lots to do like zip lining and kayaking.

Did you book the dune buggy's through carnival or direct? How many can ride in a buggy? And I assume you follow a guide that's driving his own buggy?

In St. Thomas we went snorkeling with the turtles off Buck Island. We used Captain Mike. Sailboat with a max of 25 people, but we only had 12. It was nice, he took us to an area away from the overcrowded catamarans. Very personable, provided light snacks, drinks, equipment.