LUAU on Oahu - help!

JLDMED

Actually, the lei making is for wrist leis, and your lei greeting is a shell lei. We went in January. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I recommend making your reservations for the luau as early as possible for best seats. We were in first table at stage right and were able to see very well.

We are planning a return as soon as next January with a few days pre and post cruise at the Hale Koa.

If you are cruising POA, they did greet guests with a lei. Once aboard, I hung mine over the wall phone, and on debarkation day, it still looked good. 87e0470a0cb8042c6cecb11f4edcd99f.jpg

Aloha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the person so anxious about getting a lei at a luau… If you go to the Hale Koa luau, just go next door to Hilton Hawaiian Village - there are stores in there where you can buy your flower lei.

Edited by slidergirl

I've been to the Luau at Paradise Cove and enjoyed it very much. There were many activities going on before the Luau started. Also enjoyed the food and drinks. My understanding is that they do not serve alcohol at the PCC.

I also wanted to add that the Enterprise Car Rental office is a very short walk from the pier on Oahu- two blocks, maybe three. The three of us (including a ten year old who isn't always cooperative and helpful) managed to walk their with all of our luggage, with no problem at all.

I've been to the Luau at Paradise Cove and enjoyed it very much. There were many activities going on before the Luau started. Also enjoyed the food and drinks. My understanding is that they do not serve alcohol at the PCC.

Correct. PCC is owned and operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka "the Mormon Church"). Kids who are attending Brigham Young University Hawaii (also O&O by the Mormon church) are employed there. Part of the Church's Word of Wisdom is no alcohol consumption. So, they will not sell it anywhere they own. I know at BYU Utah, they do not even sell Coke/Pepsi because it has caffeine - you can find the caffeine-free versions only. Made a few of the football games rather boring… Not sure if they offer it at PCC, so if you need your Coke/Pepsi fix, drink it before you get there ;)

Actually, the lei making is for wrist leis, and your lei greeting is a shell lei. We went in January. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I recommend making your reservations for the luau as early as possible for best seats. We were in first table at stage right and were able to see very well.

We are planning a return as soon as next January with a few days pre and post cruise at the Hale Koa.

If you are cruising POA, they did greet guests with a lei. Once aboard, I hung mine over the wall phone, and on debarkation day, it still looked good. 87e0470a0cb8042c6cecb11f4edcd99f.jpg

Aloha. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you by any chance going to be on the January 28th cruise?

I booked this morning for the Jan 14 POA cruise. [emoji1] Now to see if Hale Koa has rooms for us before and after.

Wish you had booked on the 28th as we have only 4 folks on our roll call but I know you'll enjoy this one too. We get in to the Hale Koa on Monday the 23rd.

Edited by elsie3939

Our roll call this past January was virtually dead. I did meet one couple from it at the Hale Koa luau, but there was no meet & greet or sail away gathering. My last cruise before that was a Panama Canal cruise and it had the BEST ROLL CALL EVER! Many of us got together many times during the cruise for tours, games and meals.

I don't even see one for the 1-14-17 cruise. Will have to check on my computer and start one if its not there.

We took some awesome private excursions last January. I'll post some info if you are interested.

Our roll call this past January was virtually dead. I did meet one couple from it at the Hale Koa luau, but there was no meet & greet or sail away gathering. My last cruise before that was a Panama Canal cruise and it had the BEST ROLL CALL EVER! Many of us got together many times during the cruise for tours, games and meals.

I don't even see one for the 1-14-17 cruise. Will have to check on my computer and start one if its not there.

We took some awesome private excursions last January. I'll post some info if you are interested.

Always interested...

Have booked Valley Isle tour of Hana ... will be my 3rd time doing it with them. Probably plan to do Pearl Harbor and Circle Isle Tour in Oahu with Roberts but wouldn't mind hearing other recommendations. Usually drive myself in the other ports but am always open to a new way of doing things...

Thanks!

We used Mary Lou's Big Island Tours in both Hilo and Kona. Family owned and accommodates groups of 5-8. We thoroughly enjoyed Kyle (the Son) at both places.