Snorkeling in Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan

Aggie1988

Check out either Upachaya Snorkeling or Radical Catamaran. Both offer really good snorkeling tours with small groups, not the packed cats for the ship based excursions. Both have websites and respond in reasonably timely fashion. Some times web service can be slow on the island.

My husband and I will be in Mahogany Bay in March and are looking for suggestions for snorkeling excursions!

If you wish beach with your snorkeling have a look at Tabyana or Maya Key.

The reef comes very close to shore on both these spots, one doesn't need a boat.

I have been out with Free Radical, the food was amazing the staff spot on but the snorkeling was meh! Upachaya has small groups and a good reputation, I have not bee out with them.

Check out either Upachaya Snorkeling or Radical Catamaran. Both offer really good snorkeling tours with small groups, not the packed cats for the ship based excursions. Both have websites and respond in reasonably timely fashion. Some times web service can be slow on the island.

Thanks so much ...I already looked at their web sites and they look wondeful...may take Radical.

Do you know of anything similar for Belize??

Am really having a tough time finding something other than Coral Breeze.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Mahogany Bay Jan 13 - 15 and used Jolly Roger Roatan Catamaram Sailing and Snorkeling excursion with Carnival. It was amazing. We had the best Snorkeling ever. We saw so many varieties of coral and sea life. I felt like we were given more time in the water than the usual Catamaran trip. They were very helpful to our needs, served a lunch and drinks after we were finished snorkeling. I would highly recommend this group. After the excursion we still had time to shop and use the beach near the cruise port.