Snorkeling with kids

SunnyKitty

We are going on RCL cruise soon with stops at Aruba, St Thomas, St Kitts and Curacao.

My youngest is 6 and not very good swimmer, but we still want to go snorkeling or some sort of "swimming with turtles\stingrays\other" adventures.

What island and what tour would you recommend? Ideally water should be shallow or tour should offer a vest for him ( and still be fun and see something ).

We have been to Coki beach on St Thomas and that is not quite it, we want to see more fish :) or other sea creatures.

Thank you

My youngest is 6 and not very good swimmer, but we still want to go snorkeling or some sort of "swimming with turtles\stingrays\other" adventures.

There is a solution to this... swimming lessons! A life-vest shouldn't be a substitute for a person's ability to survive in their chosen environment. It is a life-saving device designed for emergencies, not an invitation to enter an emergency situation.

Good parenting aside, a beach, like Coki, would be your best bet. If you didn't see any fish there last time, you need to go further out. ;)

Take you child to the pool weekly and practice with their own gear. It's hard to become better at snorkeling if you only do it on vacation. I take my 5 year old frequently and swim on my back underneath him with my tribord easybreath so I can be sure he's doing it properly. Practice makes perfect.