Dog Kennel Space and Cancellations QM2

fancyclanc

Hello all,

I will be moving to Europe with my fiance and our Siberian husky this summer (around August) and only recently discovered that the QM2 provides a kennel onboard! Although we acted quickly, we came to this realization too late and were told all kennels were booked through to 2017! We can't wait that long to move but we also detest the idea of putting our dog down in the cargo hold (and I hate flying anyway.)

Does anyone have any knowledge of kennel spaces opening up due to cancellations, etc.? Any advice would be great, thank you!

Im no expert but I think they operate a waiting list for kennel cancellations And its quite lengthy. We wanted to bring our doggy over by QM2 but then when we looked into it it just needed booking so far in adavnce that it wasnt practicle

In the end he had no choic but ot be flown over which was scary at z11 years old but he was fine

hope you can get something sorted

Here are the kennel details from ask.cunard.com:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/kennel_info

There are size and breed restrictions, so check them out in case your dog cannot sail. Booking the kennel requires a lot of preparation and documentation.

I had a couple of table mates with a dog in the kennel. The mentioned that one animal was denied boarding in New York because its paperwork was not complete.

Edited by BlueRiband

Queen Mary 2 is due for a refit in May 2016 I believe. Among the upgrades are dog kennels quality and number.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/cunard-decides-be-more-dog-9662455

might be a bit late for you but the waitlists should reduce.

Regards John

I was just about to mention this when I saw this post. When we were on they said that they would

be making the kennel larger. Be persistent and check regularly, there must be a cancellation at some point. Good luck with your move.