So Cal Locals: Where to park car for PC cruise?

stebul

We live in San Diego, and will be flying out of LAX to Fort Lauderdale then cruising back to San Pedro. Any recommendations on where to park? The idea of leaving the car at San Pedro is appealing because we can head straight home after the cruise without the hassle of LAX parking. How hard is it to catch a taxi near the San Pedro parking lots during off-hours? Is there a hotel or other business establishment within walking distance? Do the San Pedro lots ever fill up?

stebul

• 1 month later...

Hi-- we left twice out of San Pedro, and left our vehicle at the hotel (two different hotels--we got them through Priceline). The second time, we DID get our hubcaps stolen, so you might want to leave those at home, but other than that, it was a very good arrangement for us.

The Hacienda Hotel at LAX offers a package of one night hotel stay, up to 21 days of parking, 2 for 1 breakfast and 2 for 1 drink Special for $150.00. The hotel is one mile from the airport and has a free shuttle service to the airport. The shuttle cost from the pier to the Hotel is $36.00 for two.

My wife and I are going through the canal on the Summit, December 4th and live in LA and are doing this package. The hotel has a web site if interested.

Thanks, I'll definitely keep the Hacienda deal in mind since I planned to spend the night at LAX before flying to Ft. Lauderdale. The website says $139 for the package. I have a year to plan. I'll also keep thinking about a good way to park at San Pedro so I don't have to back track to LAX then down to San Diego.

Steve

• 1 year later...
We live in San Diego, and will be flying out of LAX to Fort Lauderdale then cruising back to San Pedro. Any recommendations on where to park? The idea of leaving the car at San Pedro is appealing because we can head straight home after the cruise without the hassle of LAX parking. How hard is it to catch a taxi near the San Pedro parking lots during off-hours? Is there a hotel or other business establishment within walking distance? Do the San Pedro lots ever fill up?

stebul

Stebul I have a SD question for you if I may. We are leaving out of San Diego Oct 2008. We live 2 hours from SD, and some of us are going to book at the Holiday Inn Bayside at 4875 N Harbor. main reason they provide shuttle and are cheaper then one at Ash & N Harbor. How far are we from the Cruise terminal in SD. Also do you recommend any other Hotels. Our main thing, we have our car and need a hotel that offers good rates with the car. Thank you.

GLea472968@aol.com

RADIANCE OF THE SEAS, HAWAII OCT 11, 2008

Archived