Belize rough waters

smokey11

Hi I have been reading cruise reviews from the week of Christmas and several say that the water was very rough/choppy in Belize and it made the tendering process and snorkeling very difficult. Does anyone know if that is unusual or is the water generally rough this time of year. I cruised to Belize in April a few years ago and it was very calm. I am asking because I am hesitant to pre-book a snorkeling trip with my young children if the water will be rough.

we were there on the 6th of January. Not sure about snorkeling but it was slightly rough coming in on the tender. Nothing bad but we had clouds and cool weather that morning until about 10am when the sun burned through the clouds.

Much of the Caribbean was having north winds and choppier water than we would have liked but it made for low humidity. The locals were complaining about how cold it was.

Oh no, I am so sorry for your loss! What happened?

Was snorkeling on an excursion in Belize and from what I hear she got tired and could not climb back on the boat or raft and drowned. There is an article on it on Cruise Fever. I am just in shock because she was one of the nicest person that I ever knew. She was so excited to be going on this cruise.

she was sitting next to my husband the whole way out... they chatted about how excited she was and how she had been looking forward to this experience... he defogged her mask and gave her some encouragement, and by the time we got back to the boat they had already headed in to Belize City with her :( it was such a sad thing, but we were encouraged by the fact that she was doing something she had dreamed of

peace and grace to her family and friends <3

she was sitting next to my husband the whole way out... they chatted about how excited she was and how she had been looking forward to this experience... he defogged her mask and gave her some encouragement, and by the time we got back to the boat they had already headed in to Belize City with her :( it was such a sad thing, but we were encouraged by the fact that she was doing something she had dreamed of

peace and grace to her family and friends <3

Jan never met a stranger and loved everyone. She was so excited about the cruise and doing the snorkeling excursion. My world will not be the same without out her.

Was snorkeling on an excursion in Belize and from what I hear she got tired and could not climb back on the boat or raft and drowned. There is an article on it on Cruise Fever. I am just in shock because she was one of the nicest person that I ever knew. She was so excited to be going on this cruise.

Condolences... so sad that happened.

Reading that article, it sounds like she suddenly went underwater. That is odd since everyone is required to wear a snorkel vest and they instruct everyone how to inflate it. it just sounds to me like she had a medical episode of some sort.