Anyone Been in Stateroom 2260 on Carnival Breeze?

ksuathena

I'm getting really excited about our HUGE family cruise in June on the Carnival Breeze. This is my hubby's and my fourth cruise on Carnival, but our first on this large of a ship.

We are staying in Stateroom 2260. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this stateroom and can give me an idea of what they thought.

We've stayed in balcony staterooms before and opted for the Cove Balcony on the Breeze because the standard balcony rooms all overlook the Lanai. We thought the Cove would give us more privacy. I'm just wondering about the lifeboats...does this room get enough sunlight? How is it (location-wise) in relation to the rest of the ship?

Just looking for some ideas of what to expect.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Stayed in 2256 a few years ago. I really enjoyed the location, it is very quite. You might have good views of people getting on and off the ship, depending on what side you dock on.

For the most part it is shady. Very little spray felt while sailing. You will find the deck damp early in the morning. I just grabbed used shower towels soaked them with fresh water and wiped some of the balcony down.

When heading to the Lido deck at least when you first get on. Head aft on deck two until you get to the aft elevators. You will have a nonstop ride to the lido deck. The front elevators will be in heavy use. Enjoy the cruise.

We've stayed in 2260 on Carnival Magic--same class ship. We loved the location--close to the elevators and stairs for easy access to deck 3 main lounge, lobby, and forward main dining room. It is also in a very good location for debarkation at the end of the cruise. Yes, we did have to walk nearly the length of the ship on deck 2 port-side hallway to take mid-ship or aft elevators to deck 5 promenade or deck 10 Lido. On Magic, this cabin was very quiet. The lifeboats overhead did not give us any feelings of claustrophobia but the balcony was shaded most of the time. We did have, as previously stated, a good view of the pier when docked and of tender boats for stops such as Grand Cayman and Belize. The balcony itself is 45 sq ft compared to 35 sq ft for a standard balcony on decks 6 or above and thus has more leg room and gives you the ability to re-arrange the deck chairs. The balcony is much more private than a standard balcony with plexiglass railings. There is also a built-in shelf on the balcony which came in handy for holding drinks and other items. The cabin inside has the same layout and sq footage as any other standard balcony cabin. The cabin is near the front elevators but we didn't notice any unusual noise from that area. Generally, we loved this location on Dream Class ships and will try to book it again in the future.

Here's hoping you have a great cove balcony experience. Bon Voyage!

th_DSC07687_zpsk1kovte6.jpg th_DSC07633_zpscmtdyjfb.jpg

We stayed in this exact room in November. Great location, especially on port days. No need to take the elevator up, you can take the stairs. It is right by the elevators when going to dinner or to other parts of the ship. Never heard any noise from above.

I've stayed in 2256 on the Dream (two rooms away), and I can say that the location is fantastic! Very quiet, and so convenient given that it is right near the atrium elevators. Makes getting on and of the ship a breeze (no pun intended). I think you will love it! Enjoy your cruise.