Is Clamato Juice available on the Breeze?

Myke729

Hi Everyone,

I am not Canadian, but I love a good Bloody Caesar. We can always get them when we sail RCCL, but I have never asked for one on our Carnival trips.

Does anyone know if they have been able to order a Caesar on the Breeze?

Not sure about the Breeze but I have ordered on other Carnival ships with no problem. Would order in the morning and get it for the same price when they have the bloody marys on special. The Clamato is in small cans. I would say the Breeze should have it.

Yes they have it. I never knew about Bloody Caesars until I ran into the Carnival Bloody Mary mix that tasted so salty to me that it seemed like poison. I kept asking them to mix it with tomato juice, so they suggested Clamato. Despite thinking it would taste fishy or something, it tastes like every other place's Bloody Mary mix. Now, my standard order is Bloody Caesar, 4 olives, please. Oh, and that was interesting on the Sunshine since they were the only ship so far to use those huge queen olives, but they rigged them up on skewers to hang artfully off the edges of the glass.

Hi Everyone,

I am not Canadian, but I love a good Bloody Caesar. We can always get them when we sail RCCL, but I have never asked for one on our Carnival trips.

Does anyone know if they have been able to order a Caesar on the Breeze?

You're almost there to being a Canadian. You first called it a Bloody Caesar, then correctly called it a Caesar :D.

We were able to get them made on the Pride and by the end of the week they were finally calling them Caesar. Enjoy!

Yes they have it. I never knew about Bloody Caesars until I ran into the Carnival Bloody Mary mix that tasted so salty to me that it seemed like poison. I kept asking them to mix it with tomato juice, so they suggested Clamato. Despite thinking it would taste fishy or something, it tastes like every other place's Bloody Mary mix. Now, my standard order is Bloody Caesar, 4 olives, please. Oh, and that was interesting on the Sunshine since they were the only ship so far to use those huge queen olives, but they rigged them up on skewers to hang artfully off the edges of the glass.

Bloody Caesar is like ordering eggs, over sunny... Its true.. simply "Caesar"

soooo, the question is... Do they have Motts Clamato on Carnival Breeze?

or,, can I bring my own?

Edited by meester_jamie

We've always been told "no", including the last time we were on the Breeze! Clearly we didn't talk to the right person. Thanks for the info! We love our Caesar, a Bloody Mary just isn't the same :p

i have met a couple bartenders that must have been new and didn't know about making a Caesar. Once I explained to them that they use Clamato juice, they had small cans of it. Good for one drink. You could get a can and make one in your room if you had vodka but would be missing the spices.Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce and the olives, some use horse radish instead of Tabasco and a lime or lemon.

I don't understand the reference to ordering eggs over sunny (I have never heard of this) in comparison to ordering a Bloody Caesar.

I had not heard of a Bloody Caesar or Caesar, and don't know the difference. I order a Bloody Caesar as that is what the Carnival server called it, and all the servers since bring me the right drink when I order it. Were I to order a Caesar, I don't know what I would get, and if the server didn't know what it was I don't even know what to tell them to put into it.

I don't understand the reference to ordering eggs over sunny (I have never heard of this) in comparison to ordering a Bloody Caesar.

I had not heard of a Bloody Caesar or Caesar, and don't know the difference. I order a Bloody Caesar as that is what the Carnival server called it, and all the servers since bring me the right drink when I order it. Were I to order a Caesar, I don't know what I would get, and if the server didn't know what it was I don't even know what to tell them to put into it.

There the same drink, in Canada its called a Caesar in the USA they call it a Bloody Caesar in reference to the Bloody Mary.

There the same drink, in Canada its called a Caesar in the USA they call it a Bloody Caesar in reference to the Bloody Mary.

Yes, they are the same. Previous bartenders didn't understand Caesar either but were easily trained. As well as olives you can garnish it with celery or as some do in Canada, bacon (mmmm bacon) :D

Yes, they are the same. Previous bartenders didn't understand Caesar either but were easily trained. As well as olives you can garnish it with celery or as some do in Canada, bacon (mmmm bacon) :D

I beg to differ, a Bloody Mary and Bloody Caesar are not the same. However, I did have a Bloody Bacon Caesar that wasn't bad.

I love BM and I made it a point to see what they were pouring on the Magic this last week. They are using an Ocean Spray Bloody Mary mix. I have never seen it and it wasn't to bad. I had to ask for them to "spice" it up, but overall not bad.

There has been a discussion on CC about BM mix and I was a firm believer in Lefty O'Doul's. However, after several CC members suggested Zing Zang I gave it a try. I have to admit it is really good.

I believe ZZ is only on RCCL.

I beg to differ, a Bloody Mary and Bloody Caesar are not the same. However, I did have a Bloody Bacon Caesar that wasn't bad.

I love BM and I made it a point to see what they were pouring on the Magic this last week. They are using an Ocean Spray Bloody Mary mix. I have never seen it and it wasn't to bad. I had to ask for them to "spice" it up, but overall not bad.

There has been a discussion on CC about BM mix and I was a firm believer in Lefty O'Doul's. However, after several CC members suggested Zing Zang I gave it a try. I have to admit it is really good.

I believe ZZ is only on RCCL.

Nobody said a Bloody Mary and Bloody Caesar are the same. We said a

Bloody Caesar as it is called in the US is the same as a Caesar as that is what we call it in Canada no Bloody in front of it. A Bloody Mary is made with tomato juice a Caesar is made with clamato juice, never heard of one with bacon.

I have had mixed success with ordering a Caesar on ships. When you just say "Caesar", you will generally get a blank stare in return - lol. Once explained, and using the term "Bloody Caesar", you will get one made with Clamato juice. After that, you will still get mixed results. If you want a true Casear, you will likely need to tell them what you want in it. Otherwise you will just get vodka, Clamato juice and (maybe) a lime. Some bartenders know that Worcestershire and ground pepper are also part of the mix, more often than not, they don't. You will also sometimes get olives and sometimes not. Forget the celery - that's pretty much out.

Now all that said, the short answer is, yes, they have Clamato and yes, you can get a Caesar. You may just have to explain a little up front. Once you find a bartender who makes it properly - tip him/her well for a job well done and hopefully you will get a "repeat performance" ;-)