Why don't we start some kind of "Meet & Mingle" on Princess ?

AlainBob

If you take a look at the RCI roll call boards, there is a "meet & mingle" for Cruise Critics members... and it looks like fun ! Celebrity does something too with "connections"... It looks like Cruise Critics members have some kind of party on the sail away and the cruise line is hosting that party (correct me if I'm wrong !)...

There is even a page on RCI web site for that specific matter:

Meet & Mingle page on RCI web site

Do you think we should put a little pressure on Princess to do something like that ?

What do you think about that idea ?

... Just want to have your opinions on that topic... Anyone who have been cruising on these lines or attend these gathering, please, give us some input ! icon_eek.gif

Alain R.

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

Want to see some pictures from our cruises ?

Just go to:

Alain & Linda cruises pictures

... and enjoy !

1995 - Regal Princess (Eastern Carrib)

2000 - Sea Princess (Western Carrib)

2002 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib)

2004 - Coral Princess (Panama canal)

NEXT CRUISE:

2005/03/20 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib Meddley)

"Stars are brighter when you look at them from sea !"

[This message was edited by AlainBob on 04-24-04 at 06:55 PM.]

[This message was edited by AlainBob on 04-24-04 at 06:56 PM.]

Yeah, I know... But do you think we can do something about it ?

Want to see some pictures from our cruises ?

Just go to:

Alain & Linda cruises pictures

... and enjoy !

1995 - Regal Princess (Eastern Carrib)

2000 - Sea Princess (Western Carrib)

2002 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib)

2004 - Coral Princess (Panama canal)

NEXT CRUISE:

2005/03/20 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib Meddley)

"Stars are brighter when you look at them from sea !"

Actually the "meet & Mingle" is not the sailaway day. We sailed on Sunday and I believe it was on Monday 1:00 PM. Cookies and coffee was served and lots of cute door prizes including lanyards for your sign and sail, an "aqua mouse" for 'puter, and some other stuff I can't remember. We had a pretty good turnout - maybe 20 people. You actually register on the RCCL website and when they get over 35 people it becomes a set date. We enjoyed it - great to meet other cruise critic members. This was set up by RCCL, not by the members of cruise critic.

Deb in South Florida

Caribbean Princess 01/15/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;01;15;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01

Majesty of the Seas 11/00

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

Carnival's Paradise 11/98

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

I thought it was just another name for the Roll Call Forum. We arranged our own CC meeting on our last cruise. I bet if once on board someone went to the cruise director and suggested refreshements for a certain date & time for CC, he would have a hard time saying no. After all, we tell all -- good & bad on this board!

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

When we cruised on the Grand Princess last September we organized our own Cruise Critic Sail Away Meet and Greet time as well as a lunch in the dining room for those of us who were onboard in time. Our great organizer, DeltaBlue, also got in touch with the CD and managed to get a Birthday/Anniversary party organized in one of the lounges. The time and place were listed in the Patter. Princess graciously provided cakes for that "special occasion" and the Captain even came by to socialize and share the birthday cake icon_biggrin.gif

Cruising! It's like being in the Garden of Eatin'!

In Aug we had a "Meet and Greet" on Navigator only they did not send out inventations till the last minute and they called your room. I was not in the room but my son and girlfriend went and won a prize or two. One was a mall picture frame and a pen. It was good for them as they use it for a cruise pic. They met those that I talked to on the board. They were asked where I was and they said the "Capt and her scooter are buzzing around". Many missed the party because the host (CD) did not doanything until the last minute. I got there to late.

On Princess when we met on the Roll Call we set our own time and met by the grill. We all bought our own drinks. One of the group went in a picked up a plate of goodies and we sat round and talked. Later on some of us went on a tour together because we found out we were going at the same time to the same place. This was good as it was a tour that I had to let some one take my camera and get pics as there were stairs involved that I could not handle with my canes.

It was on one of these that I met Cdn uy and some others.

Now the bad new about the RCCL ones, there have been alot of complaints last summer because of what happened with mine. I would have liked to meet the other CC members but due to poor handling by RCCL only a few met my son and then me. It was easy to spot me as Iuse a scooter on board.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Archived