Flying into FLL need to get to POM

mothergooselinz

We are going on a cruise in September. It's just me and my husband. We will be getting in late to FLL like after 9 pm. We want to get hotel in Fort Lauderdale then Friday morning eat breakfast then go to the port of Miami. I have looked at going on the Tri rail but can't find much out about it. I would like a hotel with airport shuttle then that night we can use it then head back to airport in the morning take the Tri rail down to MIA airport shuttle. Then take a cab or something to get to cruise terminal. Looks to only be 10 miles. We will only have a carry on. What is the best economical way? This too much? How much we talking? We are up for adventure. What hotel would be best for this? Thanks in advance.

Forget taking Tri-Rail from FLL to POM -- for under $5 each the train will take you to the MIA airport and then you would need to transfer to the local system or a bus to get downtown and still be a $12+ cab ride from POM (or take a $27 cab from MIA).

Shared shuttle service is widely available from the FLL area to POM - fares start at about $15 per person; check with SAS, QLS, Go Airport and others often suggested on this board. Most list the hotels they will pick up at on their web sites, thus saving you a return trip to the FLL airport just to catch your shuttle. ;)

For FLL area hotels your first stop should be www.sunny.org -- lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info. Good luck! :)

Can someone help me pick a hotel. We will be using SAS from a Ft. Lauderdale hotel to POM. I would love a hotel near the water taxi but the sun tram is fine too. Price around $150 a night would be good. The list is huge and I would love some advice.

Relax and enjoy life.

Can someone help me pick a hotel. We will be using SAS from a Ft. Lauderdale hotel to POM. I would love a hotel near the water taxi but the sun tram is fine too. Price around $150 a night would be good. The list is huge and I would love some advice.

Relax and enjoy life.

We have stayed at Hyatt Place & Renaissance both are close to the cruise port.

Renaissance was within walking distance to the water taxi.