Single serve plastic wine bottles

myangel

Let us know in February if you get your 4-pk through this year. Or, if confiscated, get it back at the end of the cruise. I hear Galveston, like Miami, is notorious for confiscation of anything that doesn't conform to the exact language of the beverage policy. Best of luck!

I'm a little worried since it is Galveston. I'll try the 4 pk but bring a bottle too (my sister doesn't drink so she can pack one for me lol). I'll come back and let you know though :-).

Who opens a bottle of wine and doesn't finish it in the same day? :D

Since you asked, here's how it can happen for me:

Sometimes I open a bottle, have a glass, and then shift to drinking stuff other than wine for the rest of that day. Cocktails / fruity boat drinks and wine in the same day don't mix well for me. If I'm having a "wine day" - no problem finishing off a bottle in one day.:p

Although sometimes, I'll open a bottle on a cruise evening, then have a "dry day" the next day, then a fruity boat drink day, followed by more of the same and thus forget about my opened wine for the rest of the cruise. That can and has led to "turned" wine if not vacu-sealed.

I'm with the peeps that say, who has wine left over? :D

But if you're still on the cruise, I'd grab a can of 7Up or Ginger Ale, splash of OJ, and then some strawberries or other fruit from the buffet and make sangria. :)

At home, if you have a bottle of red, you can make it last a bit longer by putting it in the frig. Just take it out enough ahead of time to allow it to come back to room temp. Or you can make ice cubes for multiple uses. :)

http://www.wineclubgroup.com/wine-and-food/wine-ice-cubes-from-leftover-wine