Help with baggage allowance

beryl patricia

Hi we are on Azura in March - Thomas Cook, Gatwick to Barbados.

We have spoken to P & O about increasing our luggage allowance and they have said we can not pre book it, it has to be done at check in, also be aware that they may not be able to allocate the extra 5 / 10kg if they are at capacity !!!!!

So what do we do - there are no premium seats available, so we can't get the extra weight that way.

Also if you turn up with extra weight that they can take don't you pay a premium for NOT pre booking ?!

Any helpful advice greatly appreciated.

Gill

Hi we are on Azura in March - Thomas Cook, Gatwick to Barbados.

We have spoken to P & O about increasing our luggage allowance and they have said we can not pre book it, it has to be done at check in, also be aware that they may not be able to allocate the extra 5 / 10kg if they are at capacity !!!!!

So what do we do - there are no premium seats available, so we can't get the extra weight that way.

Also if you turn up with extra weight that they can take don't you pay a premium for NOT pre booking ?!

Gill

Any helpful advice greatly appreciated.

We do not fly cruise so cannot help you in that sense. Have you got the lightest possible suitcases though. When we had to replace ours I actually paid attention to the weight and there is a wide difference in the actual case weights around. We have Tripp and I think the big case is 3kg. I think you can now get lighter.

Sorry I cannot be more help. I know when I am packing toiletry bags and OH's shoes seem to be the heavy things.

Just got back today (same flights) was always planning to add the 10kg but was told due to a system upgrade we had to do it at check in, in the end we didn't need it but my Mum and Dad did. We took the emails and a tweet I sent as proof and they did it easy but we were never told they might not be able to do it if they were full [emoji15]

Bit of advice, they only charged them for one way and as we were going back to get it corrected the P&O man said 'off the record' they won't weigh the cases on the way back so don't bother and he was right, the cases just went with no problems, enjoy your cruise, Azura and the Caribbean were amazing

Just got back today (same flights) was always planning to add the 10kg but was told due to a system upgrade we had to do it at check in, in the end we didn't need it but my Mum and Dad did. We took the emails and a tweet I sent as proof and they did it easy but we were never told they might not be able to do it if they were full [emoji15]

Bit of advice, they only charged them for one way and as we were going back to get it corrected the P&O man said 'off the record' they won't weigh the cases on the way back so don't bother and he was right, the cases just went with no problems, enjoy your cruise, Azura and the Caribbean were amazing

Thanks for the replies.

Hope you had a great time, we are looking forward to it - did many men wear the formal d.j. ? We are going to check out the weight of it with the luggage scales :D. I am going to have to be so organised, not my usual throw it in a suitcase and order a big taxi :)

Gill

Yeah they did, I was surprised by the amount of young people on the ship and they all made an effort, I took 2 dinner jackets, one green velvet, only one I see on there [emoji41][emoji41]. Was one of my biggest disappointments the dress code, I like to dress smart and I checked the website for their code, I did wear smart jeans but there were a lot of shorts, trainers, T-shirts and even vests!! Don't make no difference to be but reinforce your rules it brought the ship down!