After the gang plank goes up ??

IrishBoy

Hi

Just a question, immediately after embarkation what are the first things that you should do/take care of. Do you go to the room first, the bar first, talk to the Maitre Di about changing table times or what. What is the best way to start the cruise.

Rgds

Gerry

Dublin

Ireland

Get a drink and start relaxing!!!! LOL

DRINK, DRINK and DRINK, then EAT, EAT and Find cabin then Drink/eat again and if still functional/capable SEX, SEX and dare I try SEX again. Can I say SEX on this thread? DW is appreciated.

1) Find the nearest bar

2) Find the cabin

3) Test the mattress

4) Test TV, (stare in awe at the blip that represents your ship on the vessel information channel)

5) Locate areas of interest, starting topside (funnel deck should ALWAYS be first)

6) Locate table in dining room prior to dinner so as not to look like a hunyuk waiting for someone to show you where it is at at dinnertime.

DRINK, DRINK and DRINK, then EAT, EAT and Find cabin then Drink/eat again and if still functional/capable SEX, SEX and dare I try SEX again. Can I say SEX on this thread? DW is appreciated.

do you wait to do all this AFTER the gang-plank goes up????;)

4) Test TV, (stare in awe at the blip that represents your ship on the vessel information channel)

5) Locate areas of interest, starting topside (funnel deck should ALWAYS be first)

6) Locate table in dining room prior to dinner so as not to look like a hunyuk waiting for someone to show you where it is at at dinnertime.

7) Place gallon jug of baby oil in sink full of warm water.

8) Replace sheets with the special ones you packed.

9) Securely shut and lock balcony door.

We are usually one of the first ones on the ship, which means our luggage hasn't arrived yet. So we find our cabin just long enough to drop off carry ons and change into a swimsuit. Then head for the pool and some tropical drinks. The buffet line is right by the pool, so that is where the party begins.

1. drop off carry on's in room... even if it's not ready, usually aok, change quick in the bathroom.... smile at steward and thank them.

2. stop off at closest bar and grab first drink and toast... usually on promanade deck.... see 3

3. hit the dinning room and check out table, put self on list for changes as they seldom get your request right

4. THE LIDO DECK... deck chairs... pool bar.. sun and suits...

5. start mingling and meeting new and fun people to share our vacation with

6. blow off first dinning room dinner after eating a late buffet and carrying on at the lido deck sail away party with new friends.

7. change quick arround 7pm for night life after a quick bite at the buffet

8. people watch and check out all the night clubs and night time spots that are hopping.

never planned it this way... going on cruise #5... just seem to fall in this pattern... unless you have to make a stop at the pursers desk to initiate the lost luggage search... which in case you need to stop at the closest bar and buy yourself a double first:D

If you are planning to order excursions and haven't done it online - do it thru the menu system on the tv when you drop off your bags. Then go have that drink!!!!! Actually we don't get any farther than the bar in the atrium as you come in - have a cocktail and watch the elevators go up & down - then head off to drop off the bags. The aft lido bar is always next!!!!

I am surprised that no one mentioned the Roll Call party that is ususally held soon after you get on board. We usually dash to our cabin and check it out (if available which is about 50 percent of the time), then dash to the Lido deck for the buffet and finally head to some part of the Lido Deck which we establish for the get together party. At this time, we are 5 months from our cruise and we have 5 regulars on our Roll Call web site. By the time we get to the cruise, I expect we will have at least a dozen or more. I always suggest, you meet early in the cruise because it really gets difficult to get every body together once the fun begins.

7) Place gallon jug of baby oil in sink full of warm water.

8) Replace sheets with the special ones you packed.

9) Securely shut and lock balcony door.

Don't for get to securely shut and lock the cabin door too!! That's one tip the steward may not want....or don't lock it....maybe you'll get the best stweard service ever!!!:rolleyes: :p

I am surprised that no one mentioned the Roll Call party that is ususally held soon after you get on board. .

thats why I like having my roll call parties later in the first evening. about 10:30. I find having them earlier people are stressed from traveling and getting around the ship- then there is the sailaway and getting ready for dinner. By 10 -10:30 late diners are done eating and ready to unwind.

First things first, have embarkation picture taken. Then, have "informal" embarkation picture taken with drink of the day in hand. Get something to eat and check out the room/ship until it's time for the muster drill. Then drop lifejackets off quickly before we sail away so that we can make it up to the lido deck to celebrate and say goodbye to port.

Archived