cheers are you paying for 6 days or 7?

ccletzgo

Think of the charge as per night, my cruise last week was a 5night cruise Monday embark Saturday debark. I was charged for 5 nights, even though the embark day is a half day. The only "adjustment" is paying for each drink on embark day if you don't think you'll get value out of cheers on the first day, but the package has to be purchased by the 2nd day the latest. After that you can't buy it for certain days, or end it early. Lots of people skip the first day if they are boarding late, not think they'll be up to drink all day if they're tired from traveling/checking in/getting settled, or are bringing on wine they'll drink that day 1 and move to cheers day 2. If you fall in those categories its not a bad way to save $57 per person on day 1. Myself I purchase Cheers as soon as I board, before I even head to my room. Nothing better than starting your trip with one of their awesome frozen drinks.

I still am not sure about the answer on the package if you buy on day 2. I have heard people say they still charge for the entire cruise 7 days. Does anyone know who has done this if you only pay for 6 if you buy the second day?

I still am not sure about the answer on the package if you buy on day 2. I have heard people say they still charge for the entire cruise 7 days. Does anyone know who has done this if you only pay for 6 if you buy the second day?

I know out of Galveston, you only pay 6 days if you buy on day 2. From the Carnival Website:

Due to state laws, we cannot sell CHEERS! until the second day of the cruise for voyages departing from our Texas, Mobile and New York home ports. Drinks purchased on the first day of the cruise will be charged to the guest’s Sail & Sign card in the usual manner. When purchased on the second day of the cruise, guests are charged for the remaining days only (cruise duration less one day).

Whether that language applies to other ports is not clear, but I have seen on other threads that it is the same (pay for 6 days when you buy on day 2 of a 7 day cruise)

Edited by kbanowsky

Exactly. You are charged for 7 days.

No, this is wrong... you can buy on the second day for only 6 days at any port. You will pay individually for your drinks on the first day. You do not pay for seven day when you buy on day two...

Then this must vary because on my 10/31/2015 Valor Cruise I purchased the second day and they said would credit my 1st day drinks into the package. I did not buy that many drinks the first day but my folio was charged the full rate for 7 days. If I knew how to scan and add it here I would.

No, this is wrong... you can buy on the second day for only 6 days at any port. You will pay individually for your drinks on the first day. You do not pay for seven day when you buy on day two...
Edited by SHayesShip

Then this must vary because on my 10/31/2015 Valor Cruise I purchased the second day and they said would credit my 1st day drinks into the package. I did not buy that many drinks the first day but my folio was charged the full rate for 7 days. If I knew how to scan and add it here I would.

It sounds like they were giving you an option.

If you would have said you just wanted to pay for 6 days they would have let you and the day 1 drinks would have stayed on your account.

Actually, I was not given that option. I would have taken the 6 day charge plus the price of drinks first day if given as an option. The first day drinks did not equal the price of the daily rate. However, I was specifically told that if I wanted the drink package that I would be charged for full seven days and the first day's drinks would be credited to my account. Which they were.

It sounds like they were giving you an option.

If you would have said you just wanted to pay for 6 days they would have let you and the day 1 drinks would have stayed on your account.

Actually, I was not given that option. I would have taken the 6 day charge plus the price of drinks first day if given as an option. The first day drinks did not equal the price of the daily rate. However, I was specifically told that if I wanted the drink package that I would be charged for full seven days and the first day's drinks would be credited to my account. Which they were.

Was that from a manager or from a staff member?

They had a sign-up table leading from the Lido pool area into the atrium on the first and second day. That is where I signed up. Have no idea if they were a manager or not. There were two people manning the table. One man and one woman. I spoke to both of them and the woman signed me up.

Was that from a manager or from a staff member?