luggage valet flight cut off time

Thank you Clarea for the information.

For luggage valet, Royal charges a $20 processing fee per guest in the cabin. If you have an Airline credit card, flying first class or another reason you should not be charge the airline luggage fee there is a spot on the form for luggage valet that you submit onboard to write that in. You will still be charged the $20 processing fees but you will not be charged the airline baggage fee. In FLL your flight must leave after 11:30 to use this service. Letty

We are military so we get free bags with Delta. We can never do the online or app check in because we would be charged for the bags at that time. We just show our military IDs at the airport check in to get the baggage fee waived. So my question is, do we just inform Royal Caribbean that we are military? Sorry for so many questions.

We are military so we get free bags with Delta. We can never do the online or app check in because we would be charged for the bags at that time. We just show our military IDs at the airport check in to get the baggage fee waived. So my question is, do we just inform Royal Caribbean that we are military? Sorry for so many questions.

Not really sure how that works, but I would guess you will have to pay it on your sign and sail card when you do the LV. Since your bags will already be checked in and you will already have your airline luggage tags that the ship will print for you.

You will have nothing to check or even a need to talk with anybody when you get to the airport. When you do LV you get airline luggage tags and boarding passes in your room the night before.

We always fill out the form and certify we are exempt from paying luggage fees. I don't recall there being a place to list "military" on the form. But it's worth a trip to guest services early on to double check.

BTW: don't miss the cut off time for turning in the form. One of our kids missed it by 20 minutes and "to bad so sad."

Not really sure how that works, but I would guess you will have to pay it on your sign and sail card when you do the LV. Since your bags will already be checked in and you will already have your airline luggage tags that the ship will print for you.

You will have nothing to check or even a need to talk with anybody when you get to the airport. When you do LV you get airline luggage tags and boarding passes in your room the night before.

We always fill out the form and certify we are exempt from paying luggage fees. I don't recall there being a place to list "military" on the form. But it's worth a trip to guest services early on to double check.

BTW: don't miss the cut off time for turning in the form. One of our kids missed it by 20 minutes and "to bad so sad."

Thanks for the info. We will just have to check when we get on the ship. I hope we can still do LV. I was so looking forward to not having to deal with my luggage!

• 5 weeks later...

How strict are they on the 11:30 flight time?? Lol....I'm guessing not flexible at all, but of course the only non-stop options we have for SW is 11:15 and after 7pm (would like to get home early for work/school on Monday) My husband and I would probably just do the early walk-off but I worry about my overpacked mother and bad-back father. What are the odds that we would miss it by 15 minutes!! :p

Edited by KG1924

How strict are they on the 11:30 flight time?? Lol....I'm guessing not flexible at all, but of course the only non-stop options we have for SW is 11:15 and after 7pm (would like to get home early for work/school on Monday) My husband and I would probably just do the early walk-off but I worry about my overpacked mother and bad-back father. What are the odds that we would miss it by 15 minutes!! :p

Talk with Guest Services. They can contact Southwest and see if they will accept Luggage Valet for 11:15am. I've read about folks getting approved for 11:25am flights.

Talk with Guest Services. They can contact Southwest and see if they will accept Luggage Valet for 11:15am. I've read about folks getting approved for 11:25am flights.

Thanks!! We'll just have to wait and see. I'm nervous enough about that early of a flight but keeping fingers crossed all else goes well that day!

Thanks!! We'll just have to wait and see. I'm nervous enough about that early of a flight but keeping fingers crossed all else goes well that day!

You should have no problem with Allure. You can probably be at the airport before 7:30am if you want.