Carnival upgrade options

Ok looking for advise from those who have experienced this or even a TA advise.

For the first time in yrs I have booked a cruise on the Spirit via a Travel Agency. Today I was asked if I wanted an upgrade option. From what I understand I have two choices but can only have one....well three the third is keep the stateroom that I have.

1/ complimentary upgrade, if I request this if selected for an upgrade I must take it, I can't reject it and keep my current stateroom.

2/ select a pay for upgrade offer. With this I will get an offer ...maybe... In which I have to pay X dollars to upgrade, I can reject this offer

I currently have an aft facing extended balcony 8M, the only upgrades are cat9 premium balcony some of which are obstructed or a suite

Any opinions gratefully appreciated

keep your AFT, they're are great rooms.....that's the problem with ticking a box, your upgrade may not be any better than were you already are....if you were inside then probably would be good to tick, but otherwise I'd be keeping aft....we try and get them as often as possible....great balcony :) :)