Melia Day Pass Umbrellas

Garryjac

I want to go to Cable Beach in May and I don't mind paying for a day pass but I have been reading the boards and getting mixed reviews regarding shade. Is there a way to secure shade on Cable Beach. I was even considering buying travel beach umbrellas. Any suggestions are appreciated.

We go to the Melia. The regular umbrellas are included in the $35 pp day pass. The thatch umbrellas are only for the hotel guests.

Later in the afternoon (3:00-ish) when the sun was going behind the hotel, we moved our loungers back a little, towards the hotel, and the shade trees were sufficient.

Thanks for the reply. Are there enough regular umbrellas on the beach for people coming in on a day pass. Are they already set up or do you have to get an attendant to set it up. I am concerned because I need to have shade.

Thanks for the reply. Are there enough regular umbrellas on the beach for people coming in on a day pass. Are they already set up or do you have to get an attendant to set it up. I am concerned because I need to have shade.

I have found that there are plenty of regular beach umbrellas but we arrive at 10-ish, so I'm not sure after that b/c I've not noticed. The umbrellas are already set up. Here is a link to the webcam:

http://www.larrysvacationwebcams.com/caribbean/NassauSheraton.php

As you can see, there is plenty of shade around the pool area too. We usually stay on the beach though. I need to have shade too and it gets a little crazy b/c the people I travel with want to be in the sun so it makes for an interesting day, with us having to move around so I have shade and they have sun and then the sun & shade keep shifting. Melia is a good choice & I've always enjoyed it.

• 4 weeks later...
I have found that there are plenty of regular beach umbrellas but we arrive at 10-ish, so I'm not sure after that b/c I've not noticed. The umbrellas are already set up. Here is a link to the webcam:

http://www.larrysvacationwebcams.com/caribbean/NassauSheraton.php

As you can see, there is plenty of shade around the pool area too. We usually stay on the beach though. I need to have shade too and it gets a little crazy b/c the people I travel with want to be in the sun so it makes for an interesting day, with us having to move around so I have shade and they have sun and then the sun & shade keep shifting. Melia is a good choice & I've always enjoyed it.

Is there a lazy river and do they have pool floats?

Is there a lazy river and do they have pool floats?

No on the lazy river but at least one of the pools has a waterfall/grottos.

I don't remember floats in the pool but you can check out floats from the water sports area to use in the ocean. I had to pay a small cash deposit, which I got back when I returned the float. This was a couple of years ago so hopefully someone who's been there more recently will correct me if things have changed.