E-docs????

Has anyone ever received their documents via email? What's that like?

We received E-docs for our 6 past cruises with RCL and celebrity. It comes in a downloadable PDF file. It is the same info you would receive in a paper ticket from your T/A minus the lugage tag. No problem using them at Cape Liberty, Phila or NY.

Great to hear. I've taken 2 past cruises, but the more recent one was July 2001 and not with RCCL.

Do you or does anyone know how I go about getting luggage tags or do I have to wait until I get to the port?

We tend to book at the last minute and have had e-docs several times. They are not as much fun to receive as actually receiving the booklet, but, they function just fine. As mentioned, you will get your luggage tags from the porter.

The e-docs will provide you with the information to write on the tags. That information guides the people who sort the bags to the luggage bins for the various sections of each deck on the ship.

I've never been on a RC before and just found out about the e-ticket. I'm not wild about this. :( I'll miss doing the doc dance. It's always so exciting when the mailman drops off your docs. Then you run and tell your CC mates that your doing the doc dance! Oh well, I guess nothing stays the same.

One of the nice things about E-Docs is that you can print it as many times as you need. You can leave a copy with your contacts/loved ones. You can put them inside your luggage in case it gets misdirected on the way to your port of departure. If you're like me, you can also re-print every time you spill coffee on the docs!

I wouldn't worrytoo much, smartypants, our TA said the same and we got them 6 weeks before the cruise. We dealt with an online TA.

Ours is an online TA also and in 2 days it will be 6 weeks before the cruise. I guess I'm not so worried anymore. When received (online or otherwise) I'll be doin' the doc dance!:p

Ours is an online TA also and in 2 days it will be 6 weeks before the cruise. I guess I'm not so worried anymore. When received (online or otherwise) I'll be doin' the doc dance!:p

If yours rhymes with sky-cruise, you're using the same one we did and as I said, they came about 5-6 weeks out. We got them March 17th for an April 23rd departure.

Archived