Our Amazing ESCAPE on the NORWEGIAN ESCAPE!

aquarianne11

FINAL THOUGHTS

We had a fun, relaxing, and amazing family cruise! We truly had a wonderful experience on this cruise! We were so sad to leave the ship.

The ESCAPE is beautiful, clean, and new! So many things to do and experience, we just can’t do it all. The seven nights felt too short. We really love the mega ships!

The ship is not perfect; I wish the pools are bigger and less deeper and I wish the atrium is less chaotic. Despite the imperfections, the Escape is definitely a better version of the Breakaway Class ships. A lot of improvements have been made.

Our balcony room (Cabin 10114) is very nice. The balcony is big enough for us and a lot bigger than our balcony on the Breakaway. We did not get seasick even though the cabin location is very close to the front of the ship.

Our day in St. Thomas (Day 4) was wonderful but I wish the port time in Tortola (Day 5) was longer, we felt rushed almost the whole morning.

The Thermal Suite is fantastic! Tranquility and relaxation at a reasonable price. I’m glad that we can pre-purchase the Spa passes before the cruise, one less thing to worry about once we board. The discount is an added bonus.

The Aqua Park and Kids Aqua Park are terrific! We love the Aqua Racer, great for all ages!

Great food! There was plenty of variety in the food offerings and dining venues. The Ultimate Dining Plan worked as it should. The complimentary dining venues are good as well. The Garden Café is huge and nicely-laid out. We always found something we like to eat.

We are very happy with the service and it was great most of the time. The crew was friendly and attentive.

The Splash Academy is fun and excellent, as always. The Escape is a wonderful ship for kids and the whole family.

We were pleasantly surprised with movies and show available on the TV in our stateroom. Fast and the Furious, Theory of Everything, and Imitation Game were available. My daughter saw a little bit of Cinderella, Brave and Tomorrowland. A lot of shows for kids are also available.

We did not have a perfect cruise but we didn't allow little things to ruin our experience. A vacation is what you make of it so a positive attitude can go a long way.

We will definitely sail Norwegian again. Got two more CruiseNext certificates (great deal!) and planning to book more cruises soon. I will probably book a cruise to Alaska next, but I would love to sail on the Escape again in the future!

Thank you so much for reading. I hope that you found some useful information here. Happy sailing!

1914524_1133815029963107_2710252394756660759_n.jpg?oh=d1a0ed1bd553af4fad9a5a441a696f26&oe=5743C156

Edited by aquarianne11

Thank you so much for posting this review. We are going on the Escape this June with our 11 year old daughter. Your impressions and recommendations were greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading this review. I'm glad you found it helpful.

Have a great cruise! :)

I have read every word!!! Enjoyed every picture!! Your family is beautiful, your review was thorough and balanced!! Thank you for taking the time to give back to CC. You are the embodiment of what this board was designed for :)

Will think of you often on our Winter "Escape" in a few weeks - can't wait!! Hope the weather holds up so we can fly out on time...

Thanks again, A+++

I have read every word!!! Enjoyed every picture!! Your family is beautiful, your review was thorough and balanced!! Thank you for taking the time to give back to CC. You are the embodiment of what this board was designed for :)

Will think of you often on our Winter "Escape" in a few weeks - can't wait!! Hope the weather holds up so we can fly out on time...

Thanks again, A+++

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the review and the photos.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Winter "Escape"! :)

Thank you so much for the compliments! We are really happy that we pre-purchased our spa passes. The thermal suite really enhanced our enjoyment of the cruise.

The Thalasso Therapy Pool is about 4 feet. They have 15-20 heated loungers, I did not really count but they are very popular.

If you can't find a heated lounger and some are empty but occupied by a towel you can inform one of the staff. Someone told me that they saw the staff removing towels from the heated loungers so people can actually use them.

I hope this helps.

What is in the therapy pool? Just curious.

What is in the therapy pool? Just curious.

The Thalasso Therapy Pool is inside the Thermal Suite area of the Norwegian Escape. It is included with the purchase of the Spa/Thermal Suite Pass. It is a warm pool with hydrotherapy jets to stimulate tired aching muscles.

Thalasso Therapy Pool on NORWEGIAN ESCAPE

[YOUTUBE]_n1oz8DAyRY[/YOUTUBE]

734704_1132975263380417_6594890904240741683_n.jpg?oh=cd8f12c22a91a6262be08f4ed0999a97&oe=571424B9

12032937_1132975233380420_873878478556587418_n.jpg?oh=6bf1aa506a3d3d114eac23f4fc9675a2&oe=574129E3

Thanks for reading along. I'm glad you liked the photos.

It is definitely doable. You will probably need to crawl to squeeze in, if that is fine with you then you can definitely do it.

Thanks for the info. My husband is also a big dude and I was wondering about that. I'm looking forward to the Baths. Thanks for your review from one South Floridian to another (even though it doesn't feel like So Fla right now LOL).

Thanks for the info. My husband is also a big dude and I was wondering about that. I'm looking forward to the Baths. Thanks for your review from one South Floridian to another (even though it doesn't feel like So Fla right now LOL).

Thanks, I'm glad my review was helpful.

Unfortunately, we are in NJ... we love FL so much we would love to be Floridians in the future. :)

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Thank you for the great review! I appreciated your positive and honest photo/video review. We're excited to try the Escape in May after 2 fun trips on the Getaway. Being in the same class as the Getaway, we've been interested in the differences. Splash Academy looks like the same program format as Getaway, which was fantastic and kiddo DS8 loved. We love Margaritaville so are excited to have the menu and know it's included in UDP. Loved seeing the menus on the restaurants also seen on the Getaway. Thanks for all of the information, photos, videos, dailies, and for taking the time to do the review. Fantastic job!

Thank you for the great review! I appreciated your positive and honest photo/video review. We're excited to try the Escape in May after 2 fun trips on the Getaway. Being in the same class as the Getaway, we've been interested in the differences. Splash Academy looks like the same program format as Getaway, which was fantastic and kiddo DS8 loved. We love Margaritaville so are excited to have the menu and know it's included in UDP. Loved seeing the menus on the restaurants also seen on the Getaway. Thanks for all of the information, photos, videos, dailies, and for taking the time to do the review. Fantastic job!

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad that the comparisons with the Breakaway/Getaway are helpful. Our daughter loved the Splash Academy even more this time than ever before. The Escape is so much fun, I'm sure your DS will have a great time! :)

Have a wonderful cruise on the Escape!

• 4 weeks later...