Help deciding between Sunkissed Goffs Caye and Coral Breeze Snorkel leaving in 7 days

fedexretiree

I need some good advice. I am trying to decide between the tour called

Sun Kissed Goff's Caye Beach Snorkeling with Belize Cruise Excursions

OR

Coral Gardens and Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration by Coral Breeze Tours

I really want to go to Coral Gardens but don't care to go to Shark/Ray Alley at all. (I wish someone offered only Coral Gardens however no one that I could find does).I want to have the best snorkeling possible at Belize as this may be the one and only time we will be there.

The tour to Goffs Caye sounds good but I have read here on CC that some people are not impressed with the coral around the island and the at times it can get very crowded as well. Any advice here would help greatly. We are leaving in 7 days so I have to make up my mind quickly.

Thanks in advance

Goofs Caye is an island of about 1.5 acres with a reef about 2/3 of the way around it. There is not much there except snorkeling. There's very little beach. I have snorkeled and free dived many Caribbean spots and I would give it about a 5. There is beautiful coral there but it does get crowded and I saw very little marine life. I was there just a few weeks ago. As for the Coral Breeze tour, I'm going to take it this year. You might consider going but staying in the boat and observing the Sharks. That way you will get to enjoy the coral gardens and Caye Caulker.

Edited by lifes-a-beach

I can only talk about Coral Breeze and Caye Caulker....have not been to Geoff's. We have done Coral Breeze two times and both positive. Reviews on Tripadvisor. I concur with lifes-a-beach that you can just stay in the boat when they stop at the shark alley. The two locations are literally 1/2 mile or so apart. The first time we stopped with the sharks first and then sent to Coral Gardens and the second time we did it the other way (because of other boats already at the shark alley).

If you do Coral Breeze and you get a chance to pre-order lunch at Caye Caulker, I would do it. We did not and sat the entire time we had to visit the island waiting on food. If we would have pre-ordered we could have eaten much quicker and then had a little time to walk around and see things.

Good luck and enjoy the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done the Coral Breeze tour three times. The first two times were very positive, but both were several years ago. I tried them again last year with my family and it was the worst excursion experience I've ever had. I don't know if they've had a management change but I doubt I will ever book with them again. The tour was very late to start. I don't think we spent more than 15-20 minutes at either the gardens or with the sharks. I barely had time to take any pictures! The only good part was Caye Caulker which my wife found very quaint and the lunch was delicious. Although it has become much more commercialized than in years past. My daughter had a Chocolate chip frappacino at the Starbucks there... Personally I'd be very wary of Corral Breeze. As I said the worst experience I've had to date on a shore excursion.

I need some good advice. I am trying to decide between the tour called

Sun Kissed Goff's Caye Beach Snorkeling with Belize Cruise Excursions

OR

Coral Gardens and Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration by Coral Breeze Tours

I really want to go to Coral Gardens but don't care to go to Shark/Ray Alley at all. (I wish someone offered only Coral Gardens however no one that I could find does).I want to have the best snorkeling possible at Belize as this may be the one and only time we will be there.

The tour to Goffs Caye sounds good but I have read here on CC that some people are not impressed with the coral around the island and the at times it can get very crowded as well. Any advice here would help greatly. We are leaving in 7 days so I have to make up my mind quickly.

Thanks in advance

I've been to Goff's Caye, and it is very small. It has a lovely coral reef, and the boat ride out to it is rather long. If you plan to snorkel, its nice. If you want relaxing white sand, it's crowded and very small.

Coral Gardens is nice. But it is also very crowded. I've not been to Coral Breeze but heard only good things about it.

If you have more time, there are other private island tours on-shore, but depends how short your time onshore is.