HELP~ Need Quick Answer to Credit Card S&S Hold

QTPieRye

Leaving tomorrow for cruise.... my sister, first time cruiser, is asking me if she puts her business card on file for her S&S, but then pays cash at end, if any charges will be shown on credit card statement.

My first thought was no... there would be authorizations, but then those would drop off once she closes out account with cash. But then I started thinking that maybe there would be actual charges and then credits on CC statement even after she pays S&S with cash at end of cruise.

Help is very much appreciated.... this is the last thing I want to be doing while supposed to relaxing and packing for my cruise :)

Edited by QTPieRye

you will see a hold and refund of $500.

Also should point out that the charge is made internationally, some business cards will reject the hold and you'll have to call 7777 to fix it with the purser before you can make any charges to the S&S card.

Edited by wickedhangover

you will see a hold and refund of $500.

Also should point out that the charge is made internationally, some business cards will reject the hold and you'll have to call 7777 to fix it with the purser before you can make any charges to the S&S card.

I figured a hold was just that a hold and that it wouldn't go thru, if paid with cash, but just wasn't sure. Thanks.

If she's going to pay with cash anyway I would set it up as a cash account that way she doesn't have to worry about it at all. That's OK if she put her CC info for her online check in, they can change it at the port.

I'm not posititve.... but I have a feeling she will get paid on the 15th, which is during our cruise. I haven't asked and she hasn't said, but I assume she doesn't have the cash up front and thus, is asking.

Leaving tomorrow for cruise.... my sister, first time cruiser, is asking me if she puts her business card on file for her S&S, but then pays cash at end, if any charges will be shown on credit card statement.

:)

I can say with certainty that a co-worker was released for doing the exact same thing with his corporate card.

No charges, but it did register as being used for unauthorized purposes.

Let go for integrity violations.

I'm not posititve.... but I have a feeling she will get paid on the 15th, which is during our cruise. I haven't asked and she hasn't said, but I assume she doesn't have the cash up front and thus, is asking.

Gotta ask ... Is this the same traveling companion (aka sister) who lost/found her driver's license in your last "need help fast" thread ?

Edited by lizardhowson

Gotta ask ... Is this the same traveling companion (aka sister) who lost/found her driver's license in your last "need help fast" thread ?

OMG..no! That happened to be my good friend who I've preached to up and down about getting a passport, passport card or something! After that episode, she is getting it when we get back! I thought her husband was going to kill her!!!!!

I can say with certainty that a co-worker was released for doing the exact same thing with his corporate card.

No charges, but it did register as being used for unauthorized purposes.

Let go for integrity violations.

I've already told her she'd be better off to ask our dad to use his credit card because he is going too!

How can she pay cash at the end if she gets paid mid cruise?