Falmouth Margaritaville

StorkRN

Heading to Falmouth in April on a cruise. Looking to take a group of adults & teens to Margaritaville. We know there is a pool although rather small but, is there a beach also? And, are there water slides there or other activities for the kids to have fun? Any other port recommendations are welcomed too!

• 2 weeks later...

You would need to obtain transportation to Red stripe beach which is close to port ( you can see the ships in the distance).

Jamaica is a destination that you would not want to travel to far off on your own. Safety in numbers.

Look at your cruise ships excursions or one of the local vendors.

Enjoy.

The Margaritaville in Falmouth does have a small pool but I don't believe it is big enough to keep a group of teenagers interested for any length of time. The Falmouth port area is nice and clean with a variety of vendors and shops. I have read a lot of security warnings about crime in Jamaica so I would advise staying with either a ship's tour or a well known travel group. We are thinking about going to the Rose Hall Hilton for the day. Be safe and have fun!

The last time we went the pool was VERY small and crowed. Along with that the water was pretty milky looking. We've been to Jamaica several times and stayed in AI's, we have gone out on our own but it really depends on how you manage in high pressure situations. If you haven't done much travelling I would probably stick to a group tour and avoid any craft markets (these can be a bit stressful). Dolphin Cove is a great place to go an relax even if you do not want to swim with dolphins. When we go on the cruise we will likely do group tour possibly go to the Jewel resort for the day (we stayed at the Jewel Dunns River and enjoyed it).

• 3 weeks later...

We were also interested in Margaritaville while docked in Falmouth. We did a google maps search and confirmed our fears that there is no beach. We are having a hard time finding an excursion to a nice beach. Read about a few beaches that were dirt instead of sand....

• 10 months later...
The Margaritaville in Falmouth does have a small pool but I don't believe it is big enough to keep a group of teenagers interested for any length of time. The Falmouth port area is nice and clean with a variety of vendors and shops. I have read a lot of security warnings about crime in Jamaica so I would advise staying with either a ship's tour or a well known travel group. We are thinking about going to the Rose Hall Hilton for the day. Be safe and have fun!

I found a website that was resortforaday.com. It has packages to Rose Hall Hilton. Don't know how it compares price wise but I think it included transportation. I would be curious if you found a better price.

I found a website that was resortforaday.com. It has packages to Rose Hall Hilton. Don't know how it compares price wise but I think it included transportation. I would be curious if you found a better price.

I decided to call the resort to inquire about a day pass. I also did an online chat to inquire about it. The online chat offered a double queen oceanfront suite for the day for 4 and an infant for just over $1000. The phone call informed me to visit the resortforaday web site to book. She did say that the resort may have some available closer to the dock date.

Normally I don't like to book a ship's shore excursions but, given my own concerns about security and transportation in Jamaica, I decided to pay through the nose for a Royal Caribbean shore excursion to Rose Hall Hilton. Anything you find anywhere else will be less expensive.