Miami NCL pre Hotel

CruiserRob

We booked in Miami for pre-cruise in November through NCL.. for convenience mostly. It cost $125 x 2. There was a shuttle from the airport and a bus shuttle to the pier. The tip was included in the shuttle to the pier. We took a chance on the post cruise and were at the airport 3 hrs before our flight.

Anyone book a pre or post cruise hotel through NCL for February?

Just wondering what the prices are?

Robert

Robert, we haven't booked through NCL but have booked through last minute travel twice for our NCL cruises and have gotten great deals.

We've stayed at the Intercontinental 3 times and LOVE this hotel. It can be pricey but depending on the time of year you can snag a Great Deal as mentioned previously on Last Minute Travel. We just paid $141 + taxes on our recent cruise (12/11) and it was well worth it. Beautiful very classy hotel with huge pool, spa, atrium complete with bar and restaurant (Toro) and Starbucks right in the lobby.

we are staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay its supposed to be one of closest hotels to pier but its like $350 a night but we are Marriott reward members and are using points

Ditto. I'm Marriott Platinum and need to burn 1mil points before the Marriott/Starwood merger is complete and the points are worthless.

I've stayed at the Biscayne Bay before for work and it does the job. Nice, clean and on a Friday should be easy to get bay view room and see Escape when you wake up :)

Robert, we haven't booked through NCL but have booked through last minute travel twice for our NCL cruises and have gotten great deals.

join their club for free or call them for better prices. By joining you'll have choice of hotels and they tell you the names.

Didn't book through NCL... But have a room for 1/24....Most hotels were around $300/night. Could find cheaper if you stay in the airport area. We wanted to stay near downtown and the port because we have time to spare the day before. I booked using hotwire secret deals and got Hotel Urbano, 3 star downtown. Paid $150ish+tax. Much more in my price range than the others.

Have you considered a hot rate hotel on Hotwire or secret hotels on lmt? We got a hot rate in Miami for school vacation week cruise in April and ended up with holiday inn pom for 98$

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I frequently use Hotwire and Priceline. I was just wondering about the NCL hotels as I am getting in late and want to get to the port early for Vibe.

Robert

We've stayed at the Intercontinental 3 times and LOVE this hotel. It can be pricey but depending on the time of year you can snag a Great Deal as mentioned previously on Last Minute Travel. We just paid $141 + taxes on our recent cruise (12/11) and it was well worth it. Beautiful very classy hotel with huge pool, spa, atrium complete with bar and restaurant (Toro) and Starbucks right in the lobby.

We definitely second the Intercontinental at the Miami Port.

But *specify* a PORT VIEW, or one of the big advantages is lost.

We've stayed here twice now, and with the port view, we were able to watch the "day before" ships depart, and also watch "our ship" (and others) arrive on our sailing day.

Yes, I was up and at the window early :)

Because both of these cruises were at the holidays, we didn't risk waiting for a last-minute deal.

They tend to be sold out on the major holidays, although there might be cancellations at the last minute. But we needed to *know* that we had a place to sleep, and we also wanted that place to be the Intercontinental.

Also a factor: They have some special rooms for those with allergies, so we have to make sure we get one of those rooms guaranteed.

It's a great way to start the vacation!

Anyone book a pre or post cruise hotel through NCL for February?

Just wondering what the prices are?

Robert

I have stayed at the Sofitel by the Airport three times. The first time was booked through NCL. The last two times I have booked on my own, which was at a substantial savings. The hotel has a free shuttle from the Airport and will also give you a ride and pick you up from one of the area restaurants, although the walk is only two blocks or so to these restaurants and coffee house. There are also a CVS and a Walgreens on the corner for those last minute pre-cruise purchases.

The hotel concierge can also arrange for transportation to the port the day of the cruise. I think the cost was either $10 or $11 per person.

Food at the hotel can be a bit expensive, but you do have a good number of other food choices nearby the hotel.

Hope this info helps!

You can...but it's a VERY long walk, and if you're dragging suitcases you will not enjoy it. Google maps says it is 1.5 miles and would take you 30 minutes.

in FLL port everglades, you HAVE to enter the port via a vehicle of some sorts, might be the same for miami