Cave tubing

JBrunner

I am in a group of 7-9 that want to go cave tubing. It seems like the actual time in the river is not all that long, maybe 30-40 minutes? Is this the case, and if so what is the best company to book through to get a long time on the river. Also we are thinking of doing the zip line as well, and I am leaning towards using cavetubing.bz. What do you guys think?

I wonder... They are both still listed on TripAdvisor, and I have been unable to get any replies from cavetubing.bz. If they don't reply soon I will have to go with a different company.

Which ones have the best lunch?

And do they all use the same zip line system?

Thanks in advance.

I wonder... They are both still listed on TripAdvisor, and I have been unable to get any replies from cavetubing.bz. If they don't reply soon I will have to go with a different company.

Which ones have the best lunch?

And do they all use the same zip line system?

Thanks in advance.

Cavetubing.bz replied almost instantly a few days ago for me. We had a few back and forth exchanges and they have been nothing but pleasant. We're booking with them next month. As for food, I think they are the only ones to offer a buffet, meaning all you can eat, while the others give you a styrofoam box that's already packed. This is what I gathered from reading multiple reviews.

We just did a trip with Cavetubing.bz on Jan 14, 2016. Just like their website says, their guides were inside the port area, holding up their yellow signs and wearing their yellow shirts just as you walk off of the tenders. Follow them to their podium, sign up, and prepare for a great day. We were led out of the port area by Roberto to a waiting 14 passenger van with A/C being driven by Alfredo. Roberto was a wonderful guide providing excellent information about his country, answering questions, and interjecting humor and trivia for the entire ride through Belize City and out through the countryside to the jungle and the river. Some reviews here complain about the long bumpy dusty ride......Don't worry about the ride, while some of the city streets are a bit rough, (I have yet to be in a city without a few potholes), the highways and road into the river are NICE and paved. My wife gets a little motion sick while riding sometimes, but she had no problems here. We stopped at their office/headquarters just outside the national park to pay our $50 per person before continuing on. Credit cards do work here.

Once we got to the river we were allowed time to change and then were outfitted with helmets, headlamps, and life vests. We had a nice, leisurely, relatively level (with a few stairs/roots/cobbles...)walk through the jungle over gravel paths. You do not have to carry a tube with cavetubing.bz. It's not terribly taxing but you do need to pay attention to your path. We had several stops where Roberto and Alfredo pointed out plants/trees/insects/ and other points of interest, and also how to stay alive if lost in the jungle (comedic content I'm sure, but good info to know). I ate termites as did my son after Roberto told us there were 7 different flavors....I think they are all termite flavored.... When we got to the caves, the guides rafted our tubes together and we made our way through the caves. Again with narration and questions answered. Yes, the actual river tubing part of the day is less than an hour, but this is much more of a tour than just the caves. It was a great day. A nice lunch is provided back at their headquarters after tubing. The ride back is a bit low key but Roberto continues to answer any questions that arise. Our last tender was at 4 and we had plenty of time to grab some trinkets before tendering.

I was very happy with the experience and would recommend it to almost everyone except those with mobility issues. Make a reservation online, but book it on your own. It was a great tour for $50.

Also, Cavetubing.bz and Butts Up are different companies.

How much time did you have at the pier before the last tender? What kind of shops are available there? Is it like Nassau where they have a bunch of cruise line shops or locals? Nassau has a lot of shops like Columbian Emeralds, Cariloha, etc.. (which I am trying to avoid)

I have used Butts Up twice in past, with a third time planned next month for their cave tubing and ATV. They are a wonderful group, and actually remembered us on our second trip, a year after the first!

Very personable, very concerned with making you feel welcome and safe.

We have used .bz twice now and absolutely love them. Just know that if you add the zip lining, THEIR zip lining is their own private zip at the owners house down the road and not the one that everyone else goes to. ;) So it might be less crowded and more personal.

We highly recommend .bz and they are not the same company as butts up.

I have 2 reviews in my signature line with pictures if you are interested. :)

After a couple of days of research this is the company that we are looking at using. I think they have changed their name to Butts Up - even better! Lol!

Cavetubing.bz replied almost instantly a few days ago for me. We had a few back and forth exchanges and they have been nothing but pleasant. We're booking with them next month. As for food, I think they are the only ones to offer a buffet, meaning all you can eat, while the others give you a styrofoam box that's already packed. This is what I gathered from reading multiple reviews.
I just completed an excursion over NYE with .bz and we were given a plate of food. I honestly didn't ask for seconds but it also was never offered.

Butts Up is a different company than .bz

• 2 weeks later...
How deep is the water in the caves? One person in our party cannot swim but will be OK if they are able to stand up if the tube flips over.

You are required to wear life jackets when in the wall. So if you have someone in the party that can't swim, they will be ok. With that being said, there are areas in the caves that are (they said) 50' deep or so.

We just did a trip with Cavetubing.bz on Jan 14, 2016. Just like their website says, their guides were inside the port area, holding up their yellow signs and wearing their yellow shirts just as you walk off of the tenders. Follow them to their podium, sign up, and prepare for a great day. We were led out of the port area by Roberto to a waiting 14 passenger van with A/C being driven by Alfredo. Roberto was a wonderful guide providing excellent information about his country, answering questions, and interjecting humor and trivia for the entire ride through Belize City and out through the countryside to the jungle and the river. Some reviews here complain about the long bumpy dusty ride......Don't worry about the ride, while some of the city streets are a bit rough, (I have yet to be in a city without a few potholes), the highways and road into the river are NICE and paved. My wife gets a little motion sick while riding sometimes, but she had no problems here. We stopped at their office/headquarters just outside the national park to pay our $50 per person before continuing on. Credit cards do work here.

Once we got to the river we were allowed time to change and then were outfitted with helmets, headlamps, and life vests. We had a nice, leisurely, relatively level (with a few stairs/roots/cobbles...)walk through the jungle over gravel paths. You do not have to carry a tube with cavetubing.bz. It's not terribly taxing but you do need to pay attention to your path. We had several stops where Roberto and Alfredo pointed out plants/trees/insects/ and other points of interest, and also how to stay alive if lost in the jungle (comedic content I'm sure, but good info to know). I ate termites as did my son after Roberto told us there were 7 different flavors....I think they are all termite flavored.... When we got to the caves, the guides rafted our tubes together and we made our way through the caves. Again with narration and questions answered. Yes, the actual river tubing part of the day is less than an hour, but this is much more of a tour than just the caves. It was a great day. A nice lunch is provided back at their headquarters after tubing. The ride back is a bit low key but Roberto continues to answer any questions that arise. Our last tender was at 4 and we had plenty of time to grab some trinkets before tendering.

I was very happy with the experience and would recommend it to almost everyone except those with mobility issues. Make a reservation online, but book it on your own. It was a great tour for $50.

Also, Cavetubing.bz and Butts Up are different companies.

Thank for all the information. i have booked the caving tubing too with this company. I have read elsewhere that some cruisers had concerns getting back on the ship on time? I understand the entire tendering process is a nightmare? I am sailing on RCCL, were you on the same cruise line?

Thank for all the information. i have booked the caving tubing too with this company. I have read elsewhere that some cruisers had concerns getting back on the ship on time? I understand the entire tendering process is a nightmare? I am sailing on RCCL, were you on the same cruise line?

BZ claims on their website that they have never had a group miss their tender back. And I've never heard of any groups missing the ship, either her or Tripadvisor or the other forums I research on.

We have used .bz twice now and absolutely love them. Just know that if you add the zip lining, THEIR zip lining is their own private zip at the owners house down the road and not the one that everyone else goes to. ;) So it might be less crowded and more personal.

We highly recommend .bz and they are not the same company as butts up.

I have 2 reviews in my signature line with pictures if you are interested. :)

Have you had problems with mosquitoes on either of those trips?

Have you had problems with mosquitoes on either of those trips?

We have not had a problem either time. We always take repellent, but didn't have to use it. Honestly, you can have this problem at any port in the Caribbean at any time. I think a lot has to do with the season, rainy weather and so on. The only problem we have ever had a problem was in 2011 in Costa Maya (and we have been there several times since with no issues). So, it just goes to show it can be anywhere at any time. Just take some spray with you and be prepared just in case and you'll be fine. :)

i ziplined and cave tubed a few years ago with viv tours. at the time they were the only outfitter that didnt make you carry your own tube on the 30 min walk through the jungle - that would have been a terrible 30 minutes if i had to carry my own! it seems like other outfitters have stepped up their game in recent years and upgraded tubes to compete, but i have only positive feedback from viv. the ride is a bit long and bumpy once you get close to the caves, but they do a good informative talk on the way there and they let you rest on the way back. i never mind long rides in these port cities because for me, part of the experience is seeing what it's really like there!