Sapphire Balcony Cabin

alexspepaw

I was in C710 on the Caribbean Princess - it was a balcony cabin on the port side of the ship. The Caribe deck balconies are the largest on the ship and they are half exposed to the upper decks. The Dolphin deck which is one level down is completely exposed to the upper decks, so many people go for a Caribe deck cabin to achieve at least half-privacy. If you are going for total coverage on the Caribbean Princess, go for any of the decks above Caribe. Another point that many posters make about the Caribbean Princess is that since the bridge hangs over the ship on both sides, the further up you are to the front of the ship, the more the officers of the watch can see of you on your balcony!

We just got off the Sapphire last Saturday. We had Caribe 617. We loved having the bigger balcony. It was half exposed and half covered so you could be on your balcony with privacy if you wanted. Midships is most desirable location because you feel the rocking less. We were fine in our room though. You're going to feel rocking almost anywhere and it didn't affect our sleep. We were on starboard which was great for the view going out of Cabo San Lucas. No matter what you should enjoy it all. We're back on the Sapphire in February in an aft cabin on Caribe. I'm sure it will be just as fun. Any other questions...just ask.

Thanks, giggster11 and gopher's girl !

Is there much wind on the balconies? Are the furnishing comfortable? I don't expect padded chairs and lounges but please tell me they are not the $4 specials from Wal-Mart!

sally: It wasn't really windy at all on the balconies unless you were against the rail. We could sit back and enjoy it without too much wind. Definitely a nice breeze though. As for the furnishings...we had 3 plastic chairs and 2 padded chairs that reclined. Just kick up your feet on the plastic chair and it's very comfortable. That was on Caribe. Not sure of the furnishings on Baja or Aloha balconies.

alexspepaw: There was Texas Hold Em every night. Patter mentioned signing up to ensure a seat. Hope that helps. Not sure about stud though.

Hello All!

I am giving you one of my secrets; the 2 best balcony cabins on the Diamond or Sapphire are E728 and E731 on the Emerald Deck. The Emerald Deck is cut under the Dolphin Deck so nobody is looking onto the deck. These two cabins are on the back sides (one on each) and the balconies are twice the size of ther normal mini-suite balconies and completely private. We had one of the on the Diamond to the Mexican Riviera (March 2004) and the other one on the Diamond to Alaska (July 2005).

There is only one problem now. These are the only 2 "AE" cabins and originally they were the 2 cheapest mini-suites, however, they were discovered and now they are the most expensive. The balconies were not like this on the Grand, Golden, etc. Happy cruising!

Bob

(alias Bobby G):cool:

Hello All!

I am giving you one of my secrets; the 2 best balcony cabins on the Diamond or Sapphire are E728 and E731 on the Emerald Deck. The Emerald Deck is cut under the Dolphin Deck so nobody is looking onto the deck. These two cabins are on the back sides (one on each) and the balconies are twice the size of ther normal mini-suite balconies and completely private. We had one of the on the Diamond to the Mexican Riviera (March 2004) and the other one on the Diamond to Alaska (July 2005).

There is only one problem now. These are the only 2 "AE" cabins and originally they were the 2 cheapest mini-suites, however, they were discovered and now they are the most expensive. The balconies were not like this on the Grand, Golden, etc. Happy cruising!

Bob

(alias Bobby G):cool:

We have booked E728 on the Sapphire and I'm really looking forward to it.... but you might want to mention it is a min-suite...not just a balcony cabin. We had E732 a balcony cabin on the stern...and it was spectacular. The deck was huge and the view was awesome... If it had been available... I probably would have booked that rather than E728. Oops... just read your response and you certainly did mention that it was a mini-suite...my apology!!

• 2 weeks later...

I booked this cabin for Feb/2006 just 2 days ago. I am totally new to Princess. My priors have both been on RCCL mega-ships. Both times we got the JS/aft 7692, which is very spacious! We love aft & balconies. Anyhow, I was wondering just how close by comparison is the RCCL aft/JS versus the Sapphire aft E728. When I look at the pictures on Princess.com, the rooms look pretty narrow.

I am waitlisted for a VS but I've heard that it is a substantial cost increase to make this upgrade, should one become available. I'm also waiting for a PS or PH, but out of those 3, which one would you prefer? Money talks, ya know?!

Enough rambling. Thanks for your input!

We are just back from the Sapphire and really enjoyed our Caribe deck BA cabin C632. It was right at the aft elevators and very convenient to everything. In the morning I just threw on my caftan and popped up to the buffet to fill my big coffee mug and was back to my balcony in 60 seconds. The balcony was huge with a dining table, side table, three plastic chairs and two cushioned recliner chairs. The balcony was about a third covered and that was nice. The cabin itself was smaller that I expected. We did enjoy the large closet and dressing area. Plenty of hangers and a full length mirror. The safe was at eye level in a cabinet (behind the mirror) and easy to operate. Found the storage adequate but if you like drawers, there aren't very many. The hair dryer is not the best. There was an occasional chair that ended up being a catch all and a coffee table that was really just in the way. The room colors of neutrals and a soft gold were pleasing. There were two plug ins at the vanity. We liked that the bedside lamps had dimmers. The refer was pretty good sized and kept things reasonably cold. The bathroom was itty bitty but the shower was hot and the pressure okay. We had a bowl with one packet of shampoo, five packets of conditioner:eek: and two small bars of hard milled soap. The towels were nice and smelled clean. There is not much shelf or counter space in the bathroom.

Would be happy to answer any other questions. I hope to get pictures of the cabin posted on webshots this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Sallyr,

Thanks for all your info. We are two couples booked on Sapphire in Feb. we have C504 and 508. We have always been able to open our adjoining balconies to double our size. We did this last year on the Golden on Aloha deck, will we be able to do this on the Caribe deck?

Archived