Carnival Valor Eastern Review with photos

lovestocruise19

Great review! The pictures are great! Did you get a new camera? Which camera did you use? I'm currently looking for a new one and am undecided which one to get. I need one for dummies, and would like waterproof, but still get good quality.

Thanks! My camera is a Nikon Coolpix L330. I got it for my birthday at the end of 2014 so I used it for my Freedom cruise in 2015 and then again for this cruise. It is definitely user friendly and has "dummy" settings. Not waterproof, though.

After that we got some fresh air. It was very windy. We went up to Serenity on a hammock and it felt like we were being blown away. We went back to the room with the intention of heading to the comedy show, but DH said the Mega Truck excursion wore him out so we skipped the comedy show.

How'd the guys like the Mega Truck excursion? I'm interested in booking that one for May.

How'd the guys like the Mega Truck excursion? I'm interested in booking that one for May.

They both really enjoyed the countryside and getting to see a lot of the Dominican Republic, however DH told me that the truck had no shocks whatsoever so it was a rough ride! :eek: Lol!

Thanks for the review Fellow Vermonter! We leave on Valor on the 20 th of Feb. I have heard from some clients that the Valor is looking and feeling run down and the crew is not up to Carnivals usual standards. Did you find that or were they a bit too picky?

How as the water temperature in ports? Primarily Amber Cove? We are going on the same cruise on February 27th.. Hoping the water is warm enough to enjoy.

The water was a bit chilly in the dolphin area, but that was because it was covered so it was shaded. Once you got in, you got used to it quickly. I did't actually go in the water anywhere else other than the dolphin area, so I'm not sure if that area is actually ocean or pumped in water.

Thanks for the review Fellow Vermonter! We leave on Valor on the 20 th of Feb. I have heard from some clients that the Valor is looking and feeling run down and the crew is not up to Carnivals usual standards. Did you find that or were they a bit too picky?

I thought that the Valor seemed to be in good shape! The staff we encountered were friendly, especially Kanchana! There is only one ship I've been on that seemed rundown and the crew wasn't as great and that was the Carnival Glory to Canada in 2013.