Live from Jewel

Susie51

I'm normally a late arriver to boarding...let others begin the fun and I'll join you just before time for Muster. Anybody have a feel for the peak boarding time for Jewel? I'd like to be there after the lines shrink. Thanks.

We arrived at 12:30 and it was about 5 minutes until Seapass card was in hand. Security line was a bottleneck and there weren't very many porters. It was a slightly less organised experience than FLL or Port Canaveral but was quicker overall to ship. I would NOT get there before noon as you would likely be dealing with some lines.

Edited by entrepreneur83

We are packed and ready for dinner. This has been a wonderful cruise. Thanks for following along.

We boarded Jewel on Sunday, Jan. 17th and will keep this LIVE thread going if anyone has questions through this Southern Caribbean itinerary.

We found Jewel to be a little worn ahead of dry dock but that was to be expected. Nothing terrible, just a lot of faded paint and wood in public areas. Carpet in the hallways and staterooms is in excellent condition, as is the furniture in our staterooms. We are in a GS and noted it looks brand new.

Crew is great as always and had a new master (Ina Laurenzen) come aboard this week. John is still the CD. They seem to be training several new servers in the WJ but the service has been excellent so far.

We have the beverage package and were surprised to find the Coke Freestyle machines (only 2) are located inside the WJ. I thought I had read there was one somewhere on the pool deck but if there is, we haven't found it yet. Makes it tough to get a Freestyle beverage when WJ is closed.

image.jpg.42621110870d4694688404d8e6014e56.jpg

Try accessing the WJ Cole machines by coming down the aft outside stairs from outside the Seaview Café on deck 12. This takes you to the outside WJ dining area. The machines are just inside the WJ door.

We really loved our recent JW cruises and often had dinner in the WJ, later in the evening, 8:30 or so, after the children are mostly gone.

Enjoy!

Rick and Deirdra

We arrived at 12:30 and it was about 5 minutes until Seapass card was in hand. Security line was a bottleneck and there weren't very many porters. It was a slightly less organised experience than FLL or Port Canaveral but was quicker overall to ship. I would NOT get there before noon as you would likely be dealing with some lines.

We arrived yesterday around 10.50am

Luggage straight to porters the 1st in the suite line. The main line was not that long at that time.

Doors opened at 11 and we were sat by the pool by 11.20.

Easiest embarkation of all my 4 rcci cruises.

Edited by clarky213

We arrived yesterday around 10.50am

Luggage straight to porters the 1st in the suite line. The main line was not that long at that time.

Doors opened at 11 and we were sat by the pool by 11.20.

Easiest embarkation of all my 4 rcci cruises.

THATS awesome!

have a drink in the open solarium for us!

Try accessing the WJ Cole machines by coming down the aft outside stairs from outside the Seaview Café on deck 12. This takes you to the outside WJ dining area. The machines are just inside the WJ door.

We really loved our recent JW cruises and often had dinner in the WJ, later in the evening, 8:30 or so, after the children are mostly gone.

Enjoy!

Rick and Deirdra

That is awesome information, thank you! I previously snuck through the forward WJ patio door but was quickly chased down by a WJ crew member who told me the machines were "closed" until dinner. I flagged down somebody else who was in charge and she let me fill up my cups. :)

Also, can't you take your Coke cup to any bar and ask the bartender for a fill up? Have seen many guests do it. You have to take the top off first, before handing it to the bar server. It won't be a custom mix, but better than nothing.

R&D

Edited by Pumbaamd

Also, can't you take your Coke cup to any bar and ask the bartender for a fill up? Have seen many guests do it. You have to take the top off first, before handing it to the bar server. It won't be a custom mix, but better than nothing.

R&D

Yes