Latitudes Platinum level vs. Crown & Anchor Diamond and higher level

Luvmypups

What are your thoughts on Latitudes perks vs Crown and Anchor Diamond and higher perks? We will be Platinum level after our next NCL cruise but it seems as though the C&A perks are much better than what NCL provides. It makes me lean toward being loyal to RCI. Is there something I'm missing?

I couldn't find any threads where this was discussed.

Personally, I look at both lists and there is absolutely nothing of any consequence on either list which would cause me to remain loyal.

Choose a cruise based on the product being offered (loyalty program excluded), the destination, the ship... compared to the cost.

If you find value in loyalty programs, then great. But I wouldn't choose a cruise line based on their loyalty program anymore than I would choose a gas station based on a loyalty program. They are all very pedestrian.

Oh, and RC ultimate beverage package included specialty coffees & 1 person in the cabin could buy it. NCL makes everyone (adults) in the cabin buy it. Kids have to buy soda package. I know that's not latitudes related, but it could affect loyalty.

Edited by pookeysmom

The Platinum Latitudes perks are definitely lesser than RC Diamond or Celebrity Elite levels enjoy. We are at all 3 levels and as regards Platinum perks, were quite happy with them given the lower cost of cruising with NCL meant we had spent a lot less getting to that level than on the other 2 lines. I say were, with the virtual parity in cost now existing between all 3, we no longer feel as happy.

Oh, and RC ultimate beverage package included specialty coffees & 1 person in the cabin could buy it. NCL makes everyone (adults) in the cabin buy it. Kids have to buy soda package. I know that's not latitudes related, but it could affect loyalty.

Celebrity's beverage packages also provide water and soda, too.

Back to talking about loyalty programmes before the thread gets derailed.

All the three I mentioned above have different strengths and depending on the cruise itinerary and your wants. In my view if its drinks that interest you C&A Diamond is the clear winner over CC Elite; for laundry matters CC Elite has the best overall with L Platinum in second; for Internet CC Elite is again the clear winner over second place C&A Diamond; for speciality meals though L Platinum comes out a clear winner. On balance if the itinerary is disregarded CC Elite is for me a clear winner, but its not always that simple is it!

I am both RCCL's C&A and NCL's Lattitudes and this is my take:

I'm not sure if this is even worth comparing as C&A is already the best in the cruise industry. You can compare whether RCCL or NCL is better in other areas and you'll get debates but not in loyalty program, it is one area where RCCL stands out.

One advantage of C&A over all other lines is reciprocal benefits on 3 cruise lines.. so once you become Diamond in C&A, you are automatically elite in Celebrity's Captain's club and Discoverer in Azamara. Meaning you can try other cruise line like Celebrity if you get tired with RCCL and not start from scratch, so basically as you accumulate points in RCCL, you are also moving up in X and Azamara.

In contrast, NCCL doesn't give reciprocal status to let's say Star Cruises and their other sister line.

The balcony discount of C&A is also nice where you can save $250 on typical 7 day cruises if you are Diamond.

If you love drinks this is where C&A blew the competition. given no drink package, you get unlimited wine, beer, and cocktails for 3.5 hours daily in the lounge plus 3 drinks in your card to use outside the lounge within those hours..and free specialty coffee all day in the lounge

Comparing with NCL, you only get a bottle of wine and a sparkling wine as platinum, and no private exclusive lounge area for Platinum.

C&A is also more fair for solo cruisers who pay double, you get double points. In NCL, I sail solo, pay double, but only get a single point, unless I book far out or during Insider offers. And in C&A, once you get high enough Diamond plus level, you can sail solo but pay only 150% single supplement instead of $200.

I also like the free internet for Diamond and above members at RCCL. And the benefit is units of 24 hour continuous usage depending on level.

The rest of the benefits like free laundry, welcome back and top tier parties, are pretty much equal for RCCL and NCL.

Edited by roquejo

Not quite correct there roquejo. You don't automatically become Elite on "X" or Discoverer on Az, you have to enroll in each programme yourself and ask for the reciprocal status, also that reciprocation only goes as far as Elite/Diamond/Discoverer to get higher than those levels you have to have got the points/days in from scratch with each company. Still better on Celebrity than either NCL or RCL in many areas though.

Not quite correct there roquejo. You don't automatically become Elite on "X" or Discoverer on Az, you have to enroll in each programme yourself and ask for the reciprocal status, also that reciprocation only goes as far as Elite/Diamond/Discoverer to get higher than those levels you have to have got the points/days in from scratch with each company. Still better on Celebrity than either NCL or RCL in many areas though.

Correct on the 2nd one, it's reciprocal only up to Diamond or Elite. D+, Pinnable or E+, Zenith can be only earned via points.

For the 2nd one, the system has changed. You just need to enroll and the system will automatically recognize you with the right status provided you enter the same details. No need to call and ask for it unlike before.

When I registered in X's captain club in their website after I became Diamond with RCCL, my status is automatically Elite with 0 points. No more calling them unlike before.