Ships missing Port due to weather/Sea conditions?

skatie

The only other time I was on a cruise with a tender port we missed it due to rough seas. I'm wondering how often a ship cannot get into the Belize port due to the sea conditions? What time of year is typically rougher? We are sailing mid Feb. Thanks

Belize coastline is lined with hundreds of small islands and just one long channel that weaves through for well over an hour, to get to the area where all the cruise ships anchor. I can see where this might be an issue if it is very very windy... but we were there back in Oct 2015. There had just been a tropical storm blowing through, and it was rainy and a bit windy. Our ship, the Magic, had zero problems getting in and out, and there were at least 4 other large ships there, too.

Grand Cayman is the one port I can see having lots of problems as the area where the ships anchor is open ocean next to the island. No protection there.