Tell me about Verizon Rewards

cruiz30

YMMV regarding how accurate my answer is because that I didn't get my certificates from Verizon, but they were through the same place Verizon gets the certificates they give you. I know because whenever I researched using the provider's name, which was printed on the certificates, lots of threads about Verizon's Royal certificates came up.

My experience is you must book directly with Royal. The phone number to use is provided on the certificates, but it is just Royal's CS line. You must tell the CS you are going to be paying with the certificates at time of booking. They note it on your account.

The certificates have very specific directions for how to redeemed them right on them. If you follow it exactly, everything works fine. I called up after I got the certificates credited and paid the remainder on my next cruise. They emailed me a paid in full receipt. My cruise never showed paid in full on one page on my online account, but don't worry as long as you've got that paid in full receipt.

They do have very specific rules that are shown on the verizon site. I have tried several times to get some and they always seem to be sold out. So if you can get them and are willing to follow the restrictions be quick and they can save a little money.

We usually get close to 10% in OBC from our TA, so it doesn't seem worth the hassle?? Additionally, I do not believe it is combinable with c&a balcony discounts and some other offers??

It would be nice if Royal did away with they multitude of cruise certificates and went to one gift card applicable to all RCCL spending. I can get competitor's gift cards at my local grocery store.

• 1 month later...

I did them once. I got a $500 certificate and saved a total of $50. But my booking was then labeled as a travel agent booking and I had to argue with a customer service representative to regain control of it. Fortunately, I was able to tell her the first and last names of the Royal Caribbean employee I booked with, and she was able to look him up in her directory. The "travel agent" listed on my reservation was actual a separate department of Royal. Once we sorted that out, I was allowed to make changes to my reservaion over the phone.

I would say the $50 is a perfectly nice savings, but probably not worth the hassle for me to ever do it again.