No Crown for 2017?

RetiredNTraveling

“Mahalo Hoaloha”. While I have been looking quite a few places, hadn't thought about checking port schedules. That is why there is a need for CC! :D And with Kauai scheduled, it look like the beginning of an itinerary! ;) We can hope! :eek:

Just Mike

We just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Work schedules look like they are going to screw up our cruising plans this year. We cancelled South America and Norway, booked the Emerald to SYD in September, but that now looks in jeopardy - hopefully work is over with by then!

So we booked Norway next June and might just book this one again in 2017. If we do, I hope to help a lot more in the cat herding areas (booking independent tours). The tours the roll call people booked on the last cruise were absolutely fantastic.

BTW - Right now Star and Ruby HI and coastal runs in April through May are just dirt cheap and its killing me not to be able to book a B2B2B!!!! (On the other hand, the pay ain't bad either!)

According to the port schedule for Papeete, the Emerald shows up on the 9th of November 2017 and stays overnight. Sound familiar?

And, the Emerald shows up in Nawilliwilli on the 28th of October.

So the timing is right.

Thanks, please share the web site since 2016 looks shaky just now and knowing that the Emerald has a port schedule gives me hope that there will be a 2017 cruise to look forward to.

We just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Paul, we agree with that! :D This is going to be quite a wait until they open it up and then we actually get to wait for the cruise. :confused: ;)

Just Mike

Work schedules look like they are going to screw up our cruising plans this year. We cancelled South America and Norway, booked the Emerald to SYD in September, but that now looks in jeopardy - hopefully work is over with by then!

So we booked Norway next June and might just book this one again in 2017. If we do, I hope to help a lot more in the cat herding areas (booking independent tours). The tours the roll call people booked on the last cruise were absolutely fantastic.

BTW - Right now Star and Ruby HI and coastal runs in April through May are just dirt cheap and its killing me not to be able to book a B2B2B!!!! (On the other hand, the pay ain't bad either!)

Work does have a way of getting in the way of plans, doesn't it? After retirement we took our 1st cruise. Big Mistake! Now it is just trying to save enough for another cruise and then another. I should have kept working to pay for cruises. Too late now! Like my signature states Travel First Class or you Kids Will! As for the 2017 Edition, well if you look at the following "UNOFFICIAL/PRELIMINARY" link you might see some familiar "Handles".

https://oct28daycruisehawaiisamoatahiti.shutterfly.com/rollcall We would need all the capable hands we could get.

Please keep this a secret so it doesn't get out!

Just Mike

Mike, you made my day.:D Actually in July 2016 when I stumbled across the Shutterfly page you created I knew the cruise would be great fun and it was.

I'm signed up for the 2016 cruise but at the moment things aren't looking too good.

Please add me to the Roll Call, this is my first fantasy cruise and hopefully it will become a reality. You are a hoot!!:eek:

Mike,

You just need an occasional cruise in between to keep your feet in the water. Four weeks we head to Fort Lauderdale for 20 days on the Royal Princess. This will be our third time on a Royal Princess, but a different ship each time.

Is this a private party or can anyone jump on board...:D

My dream cruise..count me in

Christine

Got'yah covered! The crew is a very diverse cast of birds so everyone is welcome! 1020710tkp877nqr4.gif

But I bet you can't spot me! I blend in everywhere! Nyah Nyah!!

By the way, I like your quotations! Particularly the Mark Twain one!

Just Mike

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

Paul, we agree with that! :D This is going to be quite a wait until they open it up and then we actually get to wait for the cruise. :confused: ;)

Just Mike

Work does have a way of getting in the way of plans, doesn't it? After retirement we took our 1st cruise. Big Mistake! Now it is just trying to save enough for another cruise and then another. I should have kept working to pay for cruises. Too late now! Like my signature states Travel First Class or you Kids Will! As for the 2017 Edition, well if you look at the following "UNOFFICIAL/PRELIMINARY" link you might see some familiar "Handles".

https://oct28daycruisehawaiisamoatahiti.shutterfly.com/rollcall We would need all the capable hands we could get.

Just Mike

Thanks for the link and the hope for this cruise. DW and I were so disappointer that there was no 2017 schedule for this 28 day rt out of LA. So we booked a 27 day British Isles grand adventure trans Atlantic of Sept. 2017. Then today I read your post and check out the link. DW doesn't want to cancel what we booked and we did the Tahiti cruise in 2012. Being ever the optimist, I looked closely at our schedule and see that the Atlantic cruise ends a whole week before the Tahiti cruise might begin. I see no problem with getting from Ft. Lauderdale to San Pedro within a week. Plenty of time to stop at home in TX and do laundry and tell the kids their parents are going to die broke but well travelled. Count me in.

Thanks for the link and the hope for this cruise. DW and I were so disappointer that there was no 2017 schedule for this 28 day rt out of LA. So we booked a 27 day British Isles grand adventure trans Atlantic of Sept. 2017. Then today I read your post and check out the link. DW doesn't want to cancel what we booked and we did the Tahiti cruise in 2012. Being ever the optimist, I looked closely at our schedule and see that the Atlantic cruise ends a whole week before the Tahiti cruise might begin. I see no problem with getting from Ft. Lauderdale to San Pedro within a week. Plenty of time to stop at home in TX and do laundry and tell the kids their parents are going to die broke but well travelled. Count me in.

Sounds like you have the right idea!

We might run into you guys at DFW for a flight the day before the cruise. We fly out of Oklahoma to DFW to LAX.

Just Mike

Sounds like you have the right idea!

We might run into you guys at DFW for a flight the day before the cruise. We fly out of Oklahoma to DFW to LAX.

Just Mike

We will fly out of Austin as that is the closest airport and it has a non-stop to L.A. There should be no weather issues in October so we will probably fly on the day of the cruise. The flight we like arrives at LAX at 0830

It is great to see some familiar names and faces! Nice to hear that everyone seems to be doing better. :) David is doing good and I would love to take this cruise in 2017. We dreamed, planned, and talked about it for so long that i would really like to go. He still teases me about having ulterior motives for wanting to take Patrick's tour! ;) I will keep my fingers crossed and eyes open.....

We missed out on the Oct '15 trip. This one sounds great! Why am I not surprised by the early planning :)

Linda

My wife calls me her "Obsessive Compulsive Private Travel Agent"! On the last trip, we had 3 Excel Spreadsheets for our various needs including one for the Roll Call Roster that I kept for the Coordinators.

Just Mike

It is great to see some familiar names and faces! Nice to hear that everyone seems to be doing better. :) David is doing good and I would love to take this cruise in 2017. We dreamed, planned, and talked about it for so long that i would really like to go. He still teases me about having ulterior motives for wanting to take Patrick's tour! ;) I will keep my fingers crossed and eyes open.....

Kristy, check out the pictures attached! This forum is beginning to take on the look of the "Crew that Cancelled 2015". Glad to see that I'm not the only lost soul trying to reschedule after having to cancel.

Just Mike

2019736552_NowthatisaToosh!.jpg.93174bc488bd511a62adaeae25dd8d99.jpg

1430743608_WowWhataShot!.jpg.2b8c5f658409a896da9e4d509e61cd12.jpg

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

We were on the October 15 cruise. Best ever! Would love to go again, so will keep an eye or two open. And on another subject, my eyes are open wide on Patrick's gorgeous body. He was great! Whoever does end up going, you really have to take Patrick's tour. If only to see the tattoos.

My wife calls me her "Obsessive Compulsive Private Travel Agent"! On the last trip, we had 3 Excel Spreadsheets for our various needs including one for the Roll Call Roster that I kept for the Coordinators.

Just Mike

Kristy, check out the pictures attached! This forum is beginning to take on the look of the "Crew that Cancelled 2015". Glad to see that I'm not the only lost soul trying to reschedule after having to cancel.

Just Mike

Mike,

You need a better job. I am the CPO (Chief Planning Officer) for Paul & Jeannie's Retirement Travels. The pay is pretty weak, but the perks are great.

Mike,

You need a better job. I am the CPO (Chief Planning Officer) for Paul & Jeannie's Retirement Travels. The pay is pretty weak, but the perks are great.

My official cruising title is "DS@B!" and NO it doesn't stand for "Dumb S - - - at the Bar!" :eek:

It means "Designated Stander at Bingo!" No Pay! But the Benefits are that I get to pay for Bloody Mary's for the Bingo Player! At least Betty tells me that is a benefit! :confused:

Just Mike

Thanks for the warm welcome,

What and where is Patrick's tour?

Christine

Bora Bora and he has his own motu. We went swimming with the sting rays and lemon sharks and then to lunch, which was awesome, on his motu. Highly recommend him.

Bora Bora and he has his own motu. We went swimming with the sting rays and lemon sharks and then to lunch, which was awesome, on his motu. Highly recommend him.

I just goggled him, Wow!

Sounds amazing too. :D

If and when we get to book definitely want experience this

If anyone plans a tour please keep Dave and I in mind.

Christine

. . . . Now it is just trying to save enough for another cruise and then another. I should have kept working to pay for cruises. Too late now! Like my signature states Travel First Class or you Kids Will! As for the 2017 Edition, well if you look at the following "UNOFFICIAL/PRELIMINARY" link you might see some familiar "Handles".

Just Mike

Mike,

I hear ya. Once we were bitten by the travel bug there was no looking back:eek:. Since our recent retirement, saving money for travel has been our main priority. We start saving for a particular cruise 18 mos.-two years out. Hence, our interest now in this fantastic cruise.

Your new website is awesome and a fantastic idea. How do we get in touch with you to fill in some blanks?

Mike,

I hear ya. Once we were bitten by the travel bug there was no looking back:eek:. Since our recent retirement, saving money for travel has been our main priority. We start saving for a particular cruise 18 mos.-two years out. Hence, our interest now in this fantastic cruise.

Your new website is awesome and a fantastic idea. How do we get in touch with you to fill in some blanks?

Kathy, that was for the 2015 cruise. Until bookings open for 2017, Mike can take a break. No point in starting a website until bookings do open. We wouldn't want Mike to work very hard and something happens or the cruise isn't offered, which is unlikely. A little more patience and we can start planning!