Old San Juan, Condado or Isla Verde??

w8ing2cruz

We will be staying two night prior to our cruise - we've only stayed in Isla Verde on previous pre cruise stays. Already have the Segway tour booked in Old San Juan for day of departure.

So - which is your favorite area for pre cruise and which resort/hotel do you prefer?

Thanks for any input you can give us. The condo we booked last April became 'unavailable'. SO glad I confirm all of our arrangements before we leave home :eek:

• 1 month later...

We've stayed in Condado and OSJ. Our preference is for OSJ for the convenience. When we stayed in Condado, we took a cab into OSJ in the morning and then we stayed all day long, taking a cab back to the hotel in the afternoon. The downside was that we were in town for the entire day with no "base." Staying in OSJ, we can walk out and visit sites or shops, head back to the hotel for a rest or to drop off shopping bags. If you want to spend an hour in the pool, mid-day to refresh before heading back out, you can do that if staying in OSJ. Then head back out to see more. Everything is within walking distance in OSJ. Hotels were a bit cheaper out in the Condado area, but then you have the cab fare into and out of OSJ. I can see advantages to either. We just prefer to have the convenience of being right in OSJ and not having to tackle an entire day.

We've stayed in Condado and OSJ. Our preference is for OSJ for the convenience. When we stayed in Condado, we took a cab into OSJ in the morning and then we stayed all day long, taking a cab back to the hotel in the afternoon. The downside was that we were in town for the entire day with no "base." Staying in OSJ, we can walk out and visit sites or shops, head back to the hotel for a rest or to drop off shopping bags. If you want to spend an hour in the pool, mid-day to refresh before heading back out, you can do that if staying in OSJ. Then head back out to see more. Everything is within walking distance in OSJ. Hotels were a bit cheaper out in the Condado area, but then you have the cab fare into and out of OSJ. I can see advantages to either. We just prefer to have the convenience of being right in OSJ and not having to tackle an entire day.

It is exactly what i found. I loved it, made me feel like i was in a small old town with lots of history and so much to see!

We will be staying two night prior to our cruise - we've only stayed in Isla Verde on previous pre cruise stays. Already have the Segway tour booked in Old San Juan for day of departure.

So - which is your favorite area for pre cruise and which resort/hotel do you prefer?

Thanks for any input you can give us. The condo we booked last April became 'unavailable'. SO glad I confirm all of our arrangements before we leave home :eek:

El Convento - you need nothing more