So, what do you usually use your OBC for?

john91498

I actually have a question about OBC. I'm a fairly new cruiser, and my boyfriend and I have $50 OBC for our upcoming cruise. Do they automatically take it off your bill, or do you have to ask them to use it on whatever you'd like to use it on? How does it work? Thanks :)

Don't understand how one can say that they use their OBC for any particular thing.

It's not like when you make an on board purchase, you have the option of designating where that amount comes from. It's just charged to your account.

If you have an OBC credit, that charge reduces that credit. And on and on until OBC is used up. Then the S&S balance due starts increasing.

Agree 100%. Just glad that it is there.

I actually have a question about OBC. I'm a fairly new cruiser, and my boyfriend and I have $50 OBC for our upcoming cruise. Do they automatically take it off your bill, or do you have to ask them to use it on whatever you'd like to use it on? How does it work? Thanks :)

Welcome to cruising and to Cruise Critic!:) It will show up automatically on your S&S account, and be deducted from your total balance due. But you might want to take a print-out showing your OBC (should be in your e-docs) onboard with you, just in case it doesn't show up - I have known people that this happened to.;)

Don't understand how one can say that they use their OBC for any particular thing.

It's not like when you make an on board purchase, you have the option of designating where that amount comes from. It's just charged to your account.

If you have an OBC credit, that charge reduces that credit. And on and on until OBC is used up. Then the S&S balance due starts increasing.

Really? Just enjoy the topic. Obviously that is what happens, but you don't need to be a wet blanket.

We're using ours for a Behind the Scenes tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk