Allure - Izumi Hibachi or Samba Grill

That's really not quite accurate. We were on Allure, and the entrance is on the side of the Solarium area and IS a permanent location - no where near any hot tubs. Yes you can see them from the restaurant...but otherwise...the nice view of the seas adds to the experience.

It's true the hot tubs are not a problem if you are seated further into the restaurant. However we were seated directly next to the entrance (I believe port side) and it overlooked the cantilevered hot tubs in the main pool area. Even though it was well into the evening there were lots of people in and out and it was distracting. More a problem with that specific table than anything else but it is what it is.

It may be a permanent location but it does feel quite thrown together. Like I said in my PP, it doesn't feel or look at all like a steak house. It just looks like the solarium.

That automatic entrance door is a real problem btw. If I was not being distracted by people in and out of the hot tubs, I watched that swinging door literally hit three people.

I think I just went on a weird night.

It's true the hot tubs are not a problem if you are seated further into the restaurant. However we were seated directly next to the entrance (I believe port side) and it overlooked the cantilevered hot tubs in the main pool area. Even though it was well into the evening there were lots of people in and out and it was distracting. More a problem with that specific table than anything else but it is what it is.

It may be a permanent location but it does feel quite thrown together. Like I said in my PP, it doesn't feel or look at all like a steak house. It just looks like the solarium.

I guess we just had an entirely different experience and viewed things entirely different. Great location on the ship, great food, and the restaurant itself had a lot of warm and relaxing personality.

It's the inviting atmosphere we would expect on a ship, rather than a stuffy on-land steak house.

060615_Z_Samba_Grill_Specialty_Dining_1.jpg

060615_Z_Samba_Grill_Specialty_Dining_3.jpg

If you've ever been to Fogo de Chao or any land based Brazilian steak place you're bound to be somewhat disappointed. However as this is about 1/2 the price of those, so it is to be somewhat expected. The meat is great though and we all agreed last week that the several of the cuts far surpassed anything at Chops.

That's funny that you should mention that because that was one of the things I was thinking of when comparing the two.

I look at Izumi as being even or maybe slightly higher price wise with what we would pay for dinner at a nice hibachi place near us.

However, like you mentioned, Samba is about half of what Fogo costs. However in the area of full disclosure, I have never paid to eat at Fogo. I only have been with work parties and there is usually a vendor taking care of it... :D

I guess we just had an entirely different experience and viewed things entirely different. Great location on the ship, great food, and the restaurant itself had a lot of warm and relaxing personality.

It's the inviting atmosphere we would expect on a ship, rather than a stuffy on-land steak house.

060615_Z_Samba_Grill_Specialty_Dining_1.jpg

060615_Z_Samba_Grill_Specialty_Dining_3.jpg

Thank you so much for posting photos of Samba! That is a lot different (in a good way) than I envisioned it when reading about it! :)

I did hear (not sure if in this thread or not), that Samba is a good dinner destination after the sun is down because it tends to get a lot of direct sun. Does that sound accurate?

Thank you so much for posting photos of Samba! That is a lot different (in a good way) than I envisioned it when reading about it! :)

I did hear (not sure if in this thread or not), that Samba is a good dinner destination after the sun is down because it tends to get a lot of direct sun. Does that sound accurate?

You are quite welcome.

The amount of sun depends on where you are seating (near the windows), what time of day (early or late daylight), and of course...the direction you are sailing - its in the front of the ship...so sailing East (for example) late in the day would have no issue with sunshine.

We had a table toward the middle by the "man-made "creek", so sunshine was nominal.

We were pleasantly surprise how nice it was. Enjoy!

With Samba, you could probably do a walk-in, but people have reported the Izumi Hibachi often being sold out long before sailing.

I think what we will end up doing is wait until we board, then book a time at Samba so we can use our OBC for it...

Thanks a ton for all of the opinions & pictures - they were really helpful!!

I think what we will end up doing is wait until we board, then book a time at Samba so we can use our OBC for it...

Thanks a ton for all of the opinions & pictures - they were really helpful!!

Enjoy your cruise.

If you try to book Samba or your other option (Izumi) once you get onboard and to your cabin (you can call to book a day/time)...you should have some options of availability. Book early though...and you should be OK.