Character Breakfast on Oasis

SweFlo

Has anyone done the character breakfast on Oasis/Allure lately?

I can't find any up to date info on how to book the character breakfast on Oasis of the Seas. Our Dining and Entertainment reservations are open for our June 18th sailing, but I don't the character breakfast in there. When we sailed on Allure in 2013 I was able to reserve it online well ahead of time.

I heard it is $10 pp now, only free for those under 5, but it is a great opportunity to take photos with all the characters and we really enjoyed it last time.

Is it just too early (our dining has been open for reservation for a while, but the entertainment opened up just today), will it show up later on, or do I have to book on the ship?

Thanks!

It was available to book online for my cruise in Dec. It was $10 per person. I can't recall what ages were free. (My daughter was 1 and would have been free.) We decided not to book online and to wait to see whether my daughter was afraid of the characters. Then we ended up forgetting about it.

Edited by wampuscat7

Has anyone done the character breakfast on Oasis/Allure lately?

I can't find any up to date info on how to book the character breakfast on Oasis of the Seas. Our Dining and Entertainment reservations are open for our June 18th sailing, but I don't the character breakfast in there. When we sailed on Allure in 2013 I was able to reserve it online well ahead of time.

I heard it is $10 pp now, only free for those under 5, but it is a great opportunity to take photos with all the characters and we really enjoyed it last time.

We have done it both on the Oasis and the Allure. Both times we did NOT pay for it. It was free when we did the Oasis and our trip on the Allure we had it grandfathered in (we booked it while it was free and they did not make us pay for it even though others on the same sailing ended up paying for it who booked later than us).

I would not, and will not, pay for it. The food is basically the exact same as the other part of the dining room. In fact, it is our least favourite meal we do on the ship - just when you get hot food, they make you rush up to do photos to come back to cold food. As for the comment about being a great opportunity to take photos with ALL the characters...only 3 characters show up for photos. Our kids wanted certain ones, turned out they were scheduled for a different day...too bad...you get who shows up and that is that. The process of taking a photo is you are told when you can go take your photos. You get approximately 20 seconds to blast off as many photos as humanly possible before they rush you back to your seat and the next table goes up. Hard to set up a nice photo since the next table is scowling at you for taking too long.

We have gotten much better character photos out and around the ship. Look in the Cruise planner to see where they are scheduled. Lots less people and not as rushed. Our best photos were when we caught Po simply strolling through the Promenade with nobody around and when the elevator doors opened and Gloria was inside. We had her all to ourselves and the kids loved riding the elevator with a hippo.

:)

• 2 months later...

We just did one on Allure that I prebooked on the cruise planner. Prob was under activities but I forget. Not listed where the speciality dining is listed. My son loved it and the menu is cute and the service was outstanding!

We just did one on Allure that I prebooked on the cruise planner. Prob was under activities but I forget. Not listed where the speciality dining is listed. My son loved it and the menu is cute and the service was outstanding!

Great to hear of a positive experience. We have it booked for next week on the Allure.

What day did you book and what characters were there?

PS - It was under 'activities' as you are mentioning when we booked it.

Edited by LuCruise

We just did it on the Oasis 3/26 sailing.

We had Shrek, Fiona, and Puss in Boots. Each breakfast has different characters so unfortunately you never know who you will get.

It was fun but I don't think I'll book it again.

We did it once and I don't want to spend $30 for the 3 of us and not know which characters we will get. We lucked out with the ones we got the first time.

We did it as a surprise the last morning They had one penguin, Mort and Kung fu

Panda

Us too on the Allure (2 penguins as in your following post)

We actually quite enjoyed it (our kids are 10.5 and 6.5 years). Yes, it cost extra money and yes, it was the same menu as the rest of the MDR (with a creative DreamWorks menu), but we thought it added another special thing for our kids. Nothing was rushed and we got our pictures. Not sure we'd do it again either, but for the one time, we were not sorry we signed up.

PS - I remember someone commenting on loud music. Maybe it was our seat, but we didn't find it an issue at all.

Edited by LuCruise