ATV tour to Jade Caverns, Cozumel

Swann5

We did this excursion through Celebrity Cruises which used the Xrail / Wild Rides company. Wow, what a blast we had! Unfortunately Celebrity's website was a little short on details so I thought I'd share some information on here. We had a fabulous time! We were picked up right at the pier, sent off in taxi vans to the staging area where we received helmets, goggles and driving half gloves, all included. Lockers were available to rent ($5.00), bandanas were sold ($8.00, yikes!) as well as bug spray and water shoes (sorry I don't have the prices on these as we brought our own). We found the goggles were more annoying than purposeful as we both wore sunglasses and the bandanas more hot than functional for us, but to each their own. You must wear closed toed shoes. The staff strongly emphasized how bumpy and rough it would be and how dirty, wet and muddy it would be, repeatedly. We had planned on taking our small backpack with us with our camera, but gave in to their persuasion and decided to leave all our belongings in a locker which we later regretted; though the paths were totally rough, bumpy, rocky, wet, and muddy (and all great fun) I'm sure our belongings in our backpack would have survived and now we regret that we have no pictures of the awesome time we had. They did take some pictures and some video, but the prices were way more than we wanted to pay, so we will suffice with the memories of a fun filled, rough and wild ride.

We stopped at the Jade cavern halfway through our ride and checked out the natural wonders, bats included. Some chose to jump into the emerald coloured water, others not. A bottle of water was provided. There are no washroom facilities along the route. Outdoor showers are available for rinsing off afterwards back at the staging area.

Our group moved along as fast as the machines would go at times, then slowed down enough to navigate all the twists, turns, puddles and rocks. With the rough conditions this excursion is not for the faint of heart or anyone with a bad back! It was a thrilling blast and a bit of a workout for our quad muscles as we braced ourselves for much of the ride as we jolted along the 'roads'. We had so much fun and we would definitely recommend this excursion to those looking for a thrilling rough, wet and wild ride!

Dianne