Which shore excursions in South Carib??

24butterfly

We're going to the South'n Carrib. Jan.1--have been b4 but want to take different xcursions. Visiting: (need info on:)

Barbados

Dominica

St. Thomas

We will have our own snorkling gear--have been to many great places to snorkle....We're not too much interested in "educational" stuff--we're on vacation!! Want to see scenery--would like to go to Harrison's Cave, as we've heard lotsa great things about it....

We're going Carnival Destiny--anyone taken the excursions and what's your opinion????

Oh--we also don't like to spend all day on the bus.....

Thanks!!!

On St. Thomas, we like to go to Magens Bay beach and just relax. We are fond of this beach as this is where my wife and I were married.

On Dominica I have done a rain forrest tour that takes you to some very nice waterfalls that you can swim in. It is a very pretty island.

On Barbados I would recommend the Jolly Roger Party boat. It is a very big Pirate ship that sails around different areas of Barbados. It has unlimited rum punch. They have people walking the plank, and even have a rope to swing off of. It is a really good time. We also hired a local to drive us around the island. It was fairly inexpensive, and was a great way to get the perspective of a Barbados resident.

To really appreciate Dominica, you should hire a driver/tour guide to take you to the sights. There's Trafalgar Falls, Emerald Pool, Mr. Nice's Fruitstand, for example. The guide we used was Beno. You can contact him at benox265@hotmail.com .

In St Thomas, we just went to Coki Beach and hung out. I really liked the beach there. We just had a cab take us there and he picked us up at a prearranged time.

Now for Barbados......you really should check into Silver Moon catamaran at www.oceanadventures.bb . If I ever get back to Barbados, I'll be on the Silver Moon again!

Have a great cruise, whatever you decide to do!

Thanks to both of you for your posts....Did some reading of previous posts on Silver wind catamarans---it sounded great, but from the posts, yoou don't spend too much time snorkling--15 mins here, 15 mins there....As far as Coki beach--I read that the snorkling is xcellent there???

What about Harrison's cave--any of you been?? I e-mailed the Carnival re: any shore excursions there-- they haven't replied back yet...Will check into a Dominica full day to see about the driver....Any other things you'd like to post, pls feel free and thanks again.

Trafalgar Falls = awesome

we have been to St. Kitts, St Thomas, San Juan, Tortola, Martinique, Barbadose and Dominica is by far the most beutiful Island. It is a rain forest different then all of the other islands. Be sure to get inland to the falls. ;)

Another thing to try while on St. Thomas if you are into snorkeling is to take a ferry over to St. John and snorkel at Trunk Bay. It is very nice there and they have an underwater trail to follow along. You would have plenty of time to do this.

DH, DD and self went snorkeling on the Catarmaran Sail and Snorkle offered by Carnival... Was scheduled for the Jolly Roger however, it cancelled due to "Technical Difficulties" in Barbados... However the Sail and Snorkle was Absolutely BEAUTIFUL.. Lots of beautiful reefs and amazing fish that really swim right up to you.. The crew was amazing also.. After we snorkeled they took us to a beach to swim around and look around.. they even swam to bring the rum punch to you on the beach..

Also did the Catamaran Beach party in Aruba... you snorkeled in 2 different spots, one being at the WWII ship wreck Antilla... Pretty neat to see and the other spot was a cool reef.. They then take you to lunch and after lunch you get to walk around the beaches in Aruba.. They will warn you about the beaches being "PUBLIC" which in translation means topless, some have tops on and some do not.. Had alot of explaining to do to my 12 year old daughter...lol The crew while snorkeling found a starfish and an octapuss that they brought on board for you to touch, hold and feel...

Overall between the two.. I cant decide which one was better. We had a fantastic time on both..

Archived