Land Discoveries Question - For Bonnie?

fallingsnow

My family and I are booked on the Azamara Quest, May 30, 2016 (12 night European Jewels.)

We've heard so much about the wonderful excursions that are usually scheduled for Honfleur (D-Day beaches, Giverny) that we've kept checking the Land Discoveries guide to see any of these are being offered, but so far we've had no luck. The only item currently listed is a cooking class...which seems strange to me.

Would you be able to tell us if there are still Land Discoveries that will be added for Honfleur?

Since it's been 4 days with no response, it doesn't look like I'll be getting an answer...does anyone else have helpful advice to offer?

Is there someone else I should be asking?

Our cruise is just a little over 4 months away...if you have experience with Azamara, can you tell me if you think it's reasonable to think that more excursions will be added at a later date at this point?

Since it's been 4 days with no response, it doesn't look like I'll be getting an answer...does anyone else have helpful advice to offer?

Is there someone else I should be asking?

For Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Azamara are centralized within a single team operating out of Miami Headquarters...

I've had luck--though I wouldnt necessarily expect a response in four days relative to a cruise four months away--in addressing inquiries [including some related to Land Discovery offerings during Azamara sailings] to...

shorex@rccl.com

Edited by Xport

My family and I are booked on the Azamara Quest, May 30, 2016 (12 night European Jewels.)

We've heard so much about the wonderful excursions that are usually scheduled for Honfleur (D-Day beaches, Giverny) that we've kept checking the Land Discoveries guide to see any of these are being offered, but so far we've had no luck. The only item currently listed is a cooking class...which seems strange to me.

Would you be able to tell us if there are still Land Discoveries that will be added for Honfleur?

fallingsnow, There is a group on the Roll call page trying to put a group together to do a D-day beach tour in Honfleur on the May 30, 2016 sailing of the Quest. Camerob and Us(wiscfamily) are still trying if interested.

Dan (wiscfamily)

Hi Bonnie,

The Honfleur Explorer guide currently posted on Azamara's website shows the top 3 Land Discoveries as:

1) Paris sightseeing w/lunch

2) Mont-Saint Michel

3) Deauville and Pays D'Auge

So it's curious to me as to why none of these excursions are being offered by Azamara.

Personally, we are not interested in visiting the D Day landing beaches, we were there on a private tour a few years ago.

However, I understand other passengers' interest as it was a very moving and memorable experience for us.

Can you also advise on why none of the excursions noted above are being offered?

Hi Bonnie,

My family is booked on the Quest leaving Nice on May 30, 2016. Honfleur is a stop on this cruise. As of now there is only a cooking class offered by Land Discoveries at the Honfleur Port. I would also like to know why nothing else is offered?

Thanks for your help!

There's a group trying to put together a D-Day beach tour and it would be great if Azamara could offer one. A lot less to worry about:)

I will ask for you.

And I apologize for not noticing this new thread you started. It was a three-day weekend and I wasn't online as much as usual. Let me see what I can find out for you.

Hi Bonnie,

Any information on if Azamara will be offering Land Discovery tour to D-Day Beaches on May 30th Quest sailing when in Honfluer FR? If none is offered then a group is trying to put a private tour together. We need to act fast for private tour. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

I will ask for you.

And I apologize for not noticing this new thread you started. It was a three-day weekend and I wasn't online as much as usual. Let me see what I can find out for you.

Thanks, Bobbie. Additional information would be helpful. We're you able to find out anything?

• 3 months later...
fallingsnow, There is a group on the Roll call page trying to put a group together to do a D-day beach tour in Honfleur on the May 30, 2016 sailing of the Quest. Camerob and Us(wiscfamily) are still trying if interested.

Dan (wiscfamily)

Have you put together your group for a private Normandy tour? If so, do you have room for 2 more? If so, could you please send details?

Thanks,

Patti