Is there a charge for Room service?

smith6

We are thinking of taking a future cruise on Royal but heard they are starting to charge for Room service, is this correct? We have previously cruised on Royal and loved it and hope that that this isn't true.

• 11 months later...

On tHE Brilliance in December there was no charge for most of room service menu ... except for a few specialty items (lobster, alcohol) and the after hours service charge mentioned.

Now I have a question ... and I feel dumb having to ask this, but I've read so much conflicting information that I'm second guessing everything ...

I know tipping is always OK & appreciated by the servers ... but do prepaid gratuities generally cover room service delivery as well ... or should the norm be to tip extra on each room service delivery?

Edited by Cro_and_Swan

On tHE Brilliance in December there was no charge for most of room service menu ... except for a few specialty items (lobster, alcohol) and the after hours service charge mentioned.

Now I have a question ... and I feel dumb having to ask this, but I've read so much conflicting information that I'm second guessing everything ...

I know tipping is always OK & appreciated by the servers ... but do prepaid gratuities generally cover room service delivery as well ... or should the norm be to tip extra on each room service delivery?

Prepaid gratuities do not cover room service delivery.

^This. Just got back from picking up $30 ones for room service tipping. We tip about $3 each time, generally once a day, rare occasion 2x. Its also handy to have ones available for the porters. We also tip the cabin steward if he does something special like get a corkscrew for us or extra ice/pillows, that sort of thing...