Preziosa - Aurea Balcony Suite 9010 or standard Aurea balcony?

Runaways

Hi everyone.

I've had one short MSC Med cruise in 2014 and thinking of another this year, again a port intensive 7 days. I'd appreciate input from those who have sailed in Aurea balcony Suites and standard Aurea balcony Cabins. We have the choice of the large forward/side two-room Suite 9010 on Deck 9 with metal balcony or an Aurea standard layout balcony with clear 'glass' a bit further back on Deck 12. The price difference is Aus$270 - so not a huge amount IF 9010's space makes for a much better experience. Don't need to waste money though. Pros and cons would be of help, as we're totally unfamiliar with this type of ship. Thank you.

• 1 year later...

Hi , We sail MSC and have had the balcony suite you are speaking about with the metal balcony twice. We have chosen this corner one again for our next cruise because Yacht Club is full.

The rooms are fabulous and we really enjoy having a lot of space. The balcony is not so good - it is narrow and not comfortable to sit on. It is ok to stand on and the views are good but they are the same that you will get from the window. It is very windy when the ship is moving and we were only able to use ours on very slow sails into and out of harbour.

My suggestion is that if you want to use your balcony a lot take a better balcony. I you have lots of port days and are only using your balcony for views when you go in and out of port then you will appreciate the spectacular suite and the extra room that it provides.