Daily Price Variations

texasgirl29

We're thinking about taking the June 4, 2017 British Isles and French Open cruise. I've been watching the prices on big box TA that shall not be named since Jan. 1 and it's very curious.

The price for an oceanview for four -- ourselves, our 19 year old daughter (adult) and 17 year old daughter (child) fluctuates daily -- $420 up, then $420 down. The OBC from the TA goes up and down a bit, but the OBC from Celebrity appears and disappears at will.

I'm trying to find a pattern. Is it like the airlines, when Tuesday is supposed to be a good day to book a flight?

We're thinking about taking the June 4, 2017 British Isles and French Open cruise. I've been watching the prices on big box TA that shall not be named since Jan. 1 and it's very curious.

The price for an oceanview for four -- ourselves, our 19 year old daughter (adult) and 17 year old daughter (child) fluctuates daily -- $420 up, then $420 down. The OBC from the TA goes up and down a bit, but the OBC from Celebrity appears and disappears at will.

I'm trying to find a pattern. Is it like the airlines, when Tuesday is supposed to be a good day to book a flight?

Instead of worrying about the web site changes, why not call the big box travel vendor's toll free number and speak with someone who is hooked directly into the booking system just like any other TA? They'll be able to answer your questions and may even get you a better deal.

Instead of worrying about the web site changes, why not call the big box travel vendor's toll free number and speak with someone who is hooked directly into the booking system just like any other TA? They'll be able to answer your questions and may even get you a better deal.

Mostly because we're in the thinking stage.... Not worrying, just curious.

J.

Interesting - What is important is to remember is until about 3 months out all you have is a refundable deposit. If a better deal comes along you can change your reservation to the better deal. If you decide to cancel you get all your money back. You have a free look for the next 15 months.

My question would be why bother looking at daily changes? There will probably be dozens of price and deal changes over the next 410 days when you actually need to decide go or no go. We always book with celebrity and then turn the reservation over to a TA for additional OBC in the 5-8% area. That is strictly a personal choice and might not be right for you.

The basic thing is if the cruise is in high demand then prices will rise or perks decline. Obviously no demand and perks go up and price down. Prediction - not from me, but you have an absolutely FREE LOOK! you can get your money back.

Last is the big changes often come just after or near final payment date. Once you pay then read the fine print just like your airline ticket. Big costs then to change!