Barbados Beach Question

lexingtonave

I agree? Accra is great. So many love the Boatyard, but that is just not for us! We like to go to the Tiki Bar at the far end of Accra. You pay $30 for two chairs and an umbrella, but they give you $60 in Barbadian money to use in their bar and restaurant. Good drinks and food. Always a great beach day.

Does anyone know anything about Carlisle bay at Harbour Lights in Barbados? It's one of the excursions listed for the Eclipse.

I believe Carlisle Bay is the same bay that has Boatyard Beach.

I agree? Accra is great. So many love the Boatyard' date=' but that is just not for us! We like to go to the Tiki Bar at the far end of Accra. You pay $30 for two chairs and an umbrella, but they give you $60 in Barbadian money to use in their bar and restaurant. Good drinks and food. Always a great beach day.[/size']

Hi Jane!

I too will be heading to Barbados next month. We have already decided , from reading your great reviews, to head to Accra..Question, taxi cost from ship? and is it easy to catch a cab back?

Thanks!!

Ali

Hi Jane!

I too will be heading to Barbados next month. We have already decided , from reading your great reviews, to head to Accra..Question, taxi cost from ship? and is it easy to catch a cab back?

Thanks!!

Ali

They will fill up a van Before departing, so be prepared for that. They will drop most people off at the Boatyard and then you will go on to Accra. I think the cab fare is something like $7 pp. Most always, we've been able to arrange with our cab driver to come back for us. No problem.

Yes....Carlisle Bay IS the bay of the Boatyard. Where you are talking about is just down the beach a ways.

Edited by max'smom

We love Paynes bay....the chair guys brought us drinks from a place I couldn't see...this bay is where the turtle excursions go.....there are usually a couple of small boats wanting to take people out to see them....not crowded and some of the priciest beach real estate in the caribbean....we liked it enough to do 2 land vacations there...

Have to agree with Jane,

Tiki Bar beach, worth a visit 👍🏻

Bar, food and restrooms, Chairs and Umbrellas plus showers to wash off all that beautiful powdery sand

Shuttled from pier to cruise terminal building, and then straight onto tour bus, 10 minute drive to Tiki Bar Beach, lovely soft sands and crystal clear waters for DD to do some snorkeling.

We each got drinks vouchers for the bar and enjoyed a lazy day drinking swimming and sunbathing. Well worth the $29 each.

A few to wet your appetite

imagejpg4_zps6fa7849c.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsba147431.jpg

imagejpg6_zpsaee5c31a.jpg

We've always walked outside the port to catch a cab to Accra Beach and made arrangement for them to come back and pick us up. Every cab driver we've had has been ok with us paying him at the end of the day. But there are always cabs there too.

• 4 weeks later...
Have to agree with Jane,

Tiki Bar beach, worth a visit 👍🏻

Bar, food and restrooms, Chairs and Umbrellas plus showers to wash off all that beautiful powdery sand

Shuttled from pier to cruise terminal building, and then straight onto tour bus, 10 minute drive to Tiki Bar Beach, lovely soft sands and crystal clear waters for DD to do some snorkeling.

We each got drinks vouchers for the bar and enjoyed a lazy day drinking swimming and sunbathing. Well worth the $29 each.

A few to wet your appetite

imagejpg4_zps6fa7849c.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsba147431.jpg

imagejpg6_zpsaee5c31a.jpg

This looks very nice...Is the name of the beach "Tiki Bar Beach" or "Accra?"

Thanks.

Don

Thank you.

Is this a ship excursion or private shore excursion?

If private, do you have the web site?

Don

We did it through RC

Barbados Tiki Beach Break

08:45 AM

Total Cost: $29.75 pp

Duration: 4hr(s)

RC booking code:BBA5

Shuttled from pier to cruise terminal building, and then straight onto tour bus, 10 minute drive to Tiki Bar Beach.

Happy Days!

Pretty sure you could do DIY cheaper, but we always prefer to do RC, ymmv