MBNA Driving Me Nuts, You too?

Have you noticed that no points on the Royal Carribean Platinum Plus VISA?

Celebrity has them right under the list of charges, but not RCCL.

So for 2 hours & 6 phonecall to 6 different people who transfer me to 6 other people who have no idea what they are talking about. First call tells me the points are shown on my statement mailed to me. So I ask why MBNA has points shown on the Celebrity VISA account but not RCCL. They do not see the www.mbnanetaccess.com account so they have no idea. So I am tranferred to Online Banking. They take care of paying all the bills I have listed with my VISA card so I just make one payment. Haven't written a check in 6 months & this is nice...... but they have no point count.

Then I am called back by a guy telling me that I am to goto www.royalcarribean.com for the points & exchanging them. When you goto that web site it transfers to a TA that is selling all cruiselines. So I went to www.rccl.com & click on ROYAL POINTS & get a 6 page PDF file of the rules & exhanges for points but no point total as of today. So I phone RCCL & they tell me it is MBNA who keeps the charges, give the points & redeem the points for their customers. I told them Celebrity has points shown on the bottom of the online account but not RCCL, so maybe talk to them about doing it.

Then I call again & get a gal who takes my name & number for her Manager to get back to me since she was able to log onto MBNANETACCESS.COM & punch in my "X" # to see that layout & then goto RCCL & that # & see what is missing. She told me she will get it fixed. I told her I have talked to a dozen folks, all saying the same thing that RCCL will tell me my points & they tell me it is for you to do for them.

YIKES!!

I jsut called the number on the back of my card and they guy I talked to had me my answer in less than a min. I also just cashed in 125,000 pts for a cruise and MBNA was great to work with, I got my certificate in less than a week.

Also an FYI for everyone. For the free cruise it says it's good for an ocean view cabin, but the reality is the certificate is good for up to $2,500 and you can use t towards any catagory. We were also allowed to apply our C&A diamond discount and $300 in future cruise coupons, so we ended up with a junior suite for $50 a person.

wow, i'm confused. have you had your royal caribbean card for more than one billing cycle? the points don't show up until after the billing cycle ends. i can see my points on-line and they are on the statement. you have to go to the statements tab to see it.

I have always had good service with MBNA also, I do most of my billing on line, but the poster is correct, you can see your points at the bottom of you statement, either on line or in the mail. I redeemed points twice and had good response both times and received the coupons in the mail in a couple of weeks both times.

Chotton,

We are getting close to our 125,00 points. Did you book the cruise and cabin that you wanted and then redeem the points to be applied or did you redeem the points first and then book the cruise. Not sure what order to do it in.

Thanks for your info and congratulations on your cruise.

We booked the cruise first and then ordered teh certificate from MBNA. When you book you will have to make the regular $500 deposit. This is refunded when RCCL receives the certificate. You will also have to pay the tax on the cruise. Ours came out to $52.10 a person.

I have not had any issues with MBNA either. My points are displayed at the end of my statement both on-line and on paper and when I call them I get quick, easy service (once I get to a customer service rep.)

mbnanetaccess doesn't have the points listed on the summary page but if you go to any statement, there they are. the summary page is the current months activities and you don't actually get the points on that website till the months statement is out.

i have been using netaccess for three years and have no problem finding my point balance. hope this helped

I just checked my RCCL MBNA card account and saw my points online.After I logged in I went down to view account details and clicked the "go" link.After clicking that link it took me to the snapshot of my account page. Then I went to the "View Statements " link and cliked on that and there was my statement as well as my total points.

Chotton - I noticed you said you took the Diamond discount. I am a diamond member, but have never been given a discount? Am I missing something?

You get an additional $200 off a balcony cabin or above on 7 day trips $300 on over 7 day trips.

I had some of the worst credit card experiences with MBNA. So much so that I wrote both RCCL and MBNA about the idiots I spoke with at MBNA and provided the date and time so that they could review the recorded conversations. I subsequently received personal calls from both companies making offers of concession.

On the other extreme, I have had a MBNA rep fulfill my point redemption request in about 90 seconds...This was after my experience above so I asked why my experience was so different. She explained that depending on staffing levels and call volumes, calls are routed to departments that may not be trained on Affininty Cards like RCCL, Celebrity etc...but that does not explain the arrogance or rudeness.

Some RCCL reps have admitted to me that they have had some challenges with MBNA's relationship, but they are careful not to share that detail anymore from what my friends at the Topeka RCCL call center tell me off the record...But, they have also received praises...

If I get an idiot or untrained person on the line, I excuse myself from the call and try again later.

MACOP - when you go online go to Royal CariBBean.com rather than Royal CaRRibean. I think quite a few peple have thought they were dealing with the cruiseline when they went to the wrong website at Royal Carribean.com. Not sure that would have helped with your MBNA points though.

When I go to the bottom of my current charges, I see my points on Celebrity but not RCCL. Why goto the statement to get it??? It should be there on both not just one...........

Love the double points on restaurants til November 30th.

I have always had good service with MBNA also, I do most of my billing on line, but the poster is correct, you can see your points at the bottom of you statement, either on line or in the mail. I redeemed points twice and had good response both times and received the coupons in the mail in a couple of weeks both times.

When I go to the bottom of my current charges, I see my points on Celebrity but not RCCL. Why goto the statement to get it??? It should be there on both not just one...........

Love the double points on restaurants til November 30th.

Points are not posted until end of billing statement. Even if you could see them you couldn't use them. Maybe Celeberty lets you but Royal's says you have to wait until they are posted at the end of the billing cycle to redeem them. Don't have any cards that let me redeem midcycle so no use to see them to me. Just add the current charges to your last statement point balance and you have your current points if it's that important.

BonVoyage

Dawna

which we use for what American Express Delta Skymiles doesn't double. So we get the best of both. Then we book FOS 10/15/2006 & learned that we have to have RCCL Platinum Plus VISA to get he double RCCL cruise points so we got that too. So now we juggles 2 cards by how much onboard credit we want on each cruise as we are totally booked thru 1/1/2007.

Love the feature on both for paying bills without checks, tho we don't get points for half of them, and AMEX get the cell phone bill for double miles.

What kind of card do you have? I have the Royal Caribbean card. I don't get celebrity points, just Royal Caribbean. Do you have 2 cards or one?

but what I am telling them is that their Celebrity VISA shows points daily but not RCCL VISA. I have had the RCCL card for 2 months & have never seen points other than in the mail. Why not at the bottom of the charges & payments like Celebrity?

Today I got a callback from the Online Manger who was quite interested in this. He logged in as me & went to my Celebrity account & saw what I descrobed. Then he went to my RCCL & saw what was missing. He promised he'd have it fixed.

So we'll see.

Points are not posted until end of billing statement. Even if you could see them you couldn't use them. Maybe Celeberty lets you but Royal's says you have to wait until they are posted at the end of the billing cycle to redeem them. Don't have any cards that let me redeem midcycle so no use to see them to me. Just add the current charges to your last statement point balance and you have your current points if it's that important.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that you get your credit card problem solved. If anyone has the time, can they explain this RC credit card and the points that you are cashing in for a cruise. I'd like to earn a cruise! Is it a credit card or a debit card. DH likes to use only debit. How many dollars spent does it take to earn a cruise?

Archived