Questions about Uber or Lyft

pambud96

I have read a lot on these two services, I understand part of it.

I have several questions and please answer any that you might know.

What's the difference between them and which is better?

1. Cost from FLL to port of Miami. I know there is an estimator, I would like someone's personal experience. It varies at peak time and prime time. We would need picked up at around 11am on a Sunday, And return the next Sunday at about 10am.

2. We have a group of 4 with luggage( one large a piece plus a carry on each.) what kind of car do we request?

3. If we request a car to take us back to the FLL airport, how do they find us at the cruise port?

4, Is the price quoted pp or per trip?

Thanks so much in advance.

I have several questions and please answer any that you might know.

What's the difference between them and which is better?

Exact same concept and service, but Uber is more popular and widely used.

1. Cost from FLL to port of Miami. I know there is an estimator, I would like someone's personal experience. It varies at peak time and prime time. We would need picked up at around 11am on a Sunday, And return the next Sunday at about 10am.

http://uberestimate.com or the app can quote you a fare. It will vary depending on traffic. Every report I've read on here or elsewhere has always been under $40 for UberX, but it sounds like you will need a bigger vehicle. I have never seen anyone report surge pricing on a weekend afternoon (when fares increase substantially due to lack of available drivers).

2. We have a group of 4 with luggage( one large a piece plus a carry on each.) what kind of car do we request?

If you want everyone in the same vehicle, you will need to request UberXL. In that case bump your price up to approximately $70-$80. An XL vehicle is required to seat at least 6 people. You're most likely to get some sort of minivan but may chance into a larger SUV.

3. If we request a car to take us back to the FLL airport, how do they find us at the cruise port?

Your phone should drop the pin exactly where you're located, but the driver can text and call you to coordinate pickup if they can't find you. You will know what kind of car and license plate# to be looking for once someone picks up your ride request.

4, Is the price quoted pp or per trip?

The price is always per trip. It's not like a cab where there is an extra fee per passenger.

With Uber XL estimated to cost you $70-80 that matches the estimated cab fare -- SUV and Minivan cabs are the same fare as a standard cab -- although you do not tip with Uber and a tip is expected for good service from a taxi, so I guess you'll save 15% or so.

Your call. Good luck! :)

We used Uber for the first time last month. I was very nervous using it. I found that most of the cars are nicer than a cab (not all of them)

One thing that I like better than a cab is that they use GPS. Sometimes when I have ridden in the cab I have felt that they take the long way.

At FLL we met our driver at the Chauffeured driver area not near the cabs. We used Uber three times while we were at Ft. Lauderdale. All drivers have an "U" on their car.

It did take a little bit for the driver to come due to the traffic at the airport.

If you would like a code to get $15 off of your first ride you are welcome to use mine.

uberjmrteacher

There are other codes in other threads you can also use.

There is also a $20 off first ride on Verizon rewards if anyone needs one. I think I am going to try UBER from our Miami Beach hotel to POM in March. Fingers crossed because I have never used them as they are not available where we live.. I had seen in a post that there may be problems for UBER drivers getting into POM, anyone have any details on this?

There is also a $20 off first ride on Verizon rewards if anyone needs one. I think I am going to try UBER from our Miami Beach hotel to POM in March. Fingers crossed because I have never used them as they are not available where we live.. I had seen in a post that there may be problems for UBER drivers getting into POM, anyone have any details on this?

Where can I find the $20 off on Verizon rewards?